Virus

martin379

Hi,

I have just recieved a Virus over MSN from 'Maus(don't think he meant to send it). When you are being sent it, it comes in a zip folder intitled something JPEG(can't remeber exact name), I presumed it was some pics for a logo/skin or from Venray. I accpeted it and opened, then realised it was not a picture atall, a little run box like when you are downloading a track or mod and have to run it. i cancelled but to late-I have it. Sorry to all who got sent it but don't think any of you guys opeend it(it sends automatically btw to all who r online) Still trying to get rid of it atm, just thought I would say incase this is different from any other posted. Mega hard to get rif of!!!(still tryin atm)

erm I dunno if this a good way to stop it but try doing a system restore :shrug: that might solve it

Hi,

I have just recieved a Virus over MSN from 'Maus(don't think he meant to send it). When you are being sent it, it comes in a zip folder intitled something JPEG(can't remeber exact name), I presumed it was some pics for a logo/skin or from Venray. I accpeted it and opened, then realised it was not a picture atall, a little run box like when you are downloading a track or mod and have to run it. i cancelled but to late-I have it. Sorry to all who got sent it but don't think any of you guys opeend it(it sends automatically btw to all who r online) Still trying to get rid of it atm, just thought I would say incase this is different from any other posted. Mega hard to get rif of!!!(still tryin atm)

Hi martin have u tried restoring your pc back to a earlier date. i did that and everything seems to be fine now :thumbs_up:

Edited for Spelling

Edited by martwisely

Hi,

Hi martin have u tried restoring your pc back to a earlier date. i did that and everything seems to be fine now :thumbs_up:

Edited for Spelling

Tried restoring it to yesterday, said that was not possibble, as nothing has changed on my computer since yesterday, I shall try a different date though. I completely got rid of MSN now but still got the Virus, running anti-virus software at the moment. SpyBot found nothing, hopefully Norton will. Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks.

Hi,

Edited for Spelling

Tried restoring it to yesterday, said that was not possibble, as nothing has changed on my computer since yesterday, I shall try a different date though. I completely got rid of MSN now but still got the Virus, running anti-virus software at the moment. SpyBot found nothing, hopefully Norton will. Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks.

Norton just finsihed scanning one file that is the one causing the Virus, says it's deleted but it keeps coming back and doing the same thing over and over again. Sorry for double post but it just happened again.

If it tells you the name of the virus or tells u where the location of the virus is, go to that location on your computer and try deleting it manually.

Also have u deleted the Zip file that u unzipped? Make sure its completely gone and then empty your recycle bin. So it is not sittin in there.

All i can think of at the moment.

Edited by martwisely

If it tells you the name of the virus or tells u where the location of the virus is, go to that location on your computer and try deleting it manually.

Also have u deleted the Zip file that u unzipped? Make sure its completely gone and then empty your recycle bin. So it is not sittin in there.

All i can think of at the moment.

Yep one all that and just finishing scanning the WINDOWS folder atm

When you have run your virus scan and it say it has deleted it, if it keeps coming back its because it is living in your system restore area.

Run the virus scan

Delete the file

Switch off system restore

Run the virus scan again

If all clear, reboot then switch back on system restore

That is what I have done in the past and it ususally works.

When you have run your virus scan and it say it has deleted it, if it keeps coming back its because it is living in your system restore area.

Run the virus scan

Delete the file

Switch off system restore

Run the virus scan again

If all clear, reboot then switch back on system restore

That is what I have done in the past and it ususally works.

Thanks F2-Fan seems it is fine now :thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..