Monies Exchange

freew67

Anyone know what the current exchange rates for pound to US dollar is? Im not looking for US dollar to pound but what the rate is to turn pounds into US dollars... I know here it can be different, one rate to convert, another to convert it back. Just trying to figure out if I should exchange my money here, or wait till I get there.

Thanks all!

I just got back from the bank, its $2.19 to buy, $1.82 to sell... OUCH

just need to make sure you dont go back with much! :rolleyes:

Pints are on freew67...... :king:

I think that wont be 2 hard without buying pints of Diet coke. I dont remember where we were, but we stopped at Mcdonalds. 2 large chicken sandwich meals total 8 pounds. Now your large is our med. Im thinking 8p not bad, oh wait, WTF?! $16 USD for 2 med meals? Over here it would have been around $9. A 2L of Diet Coke was over $2, here I can get them on sale for 89-99 cents. Plus my wife wants to stay in London for a night or 2!?!?!?!? Ill be lucky to have anything left over :o

I just got back from the bank, its $2.19 to buy, $1.82 to sell... OUCH

just need to make sure you dont go back with much! :rolleyes:

Pints are on freew67...... :king:

I think that wont be 2 hard without buying pints of Diet coke. I dont remember where we were, but we stopped at Mcdonalds. 2 large chicken sandwich meals total 8 pounds. Now your large is our med. Im thinking 8p not bad, oh wait, WTF?! $16 USD for 2 med meals? Over here it would have been around $9. A 2L of Diet Coke was over $2, here I can get them on sale for 89-99 cents. Plus my wife wants to stay in London for a night or 2!?!?!?!? Ill be lucky to have anything left over :o

Tell your wife London is far too big to see in a day or two and that you'ld be much better off staying somewhere smaller, like Ipswich or Ringwood or Arlington or Horndean or Yarmouth or Buxton or Skegness etc etc etc (wherever's racing basically)

That's why American holidays are so good, everything is so cheap for us compared to what we are used to!

We will be moving over there someday, no doubt by the time we do the currency will be the other way round and it's all expensive lol.

Looking forward to our three week November trip to Indiana. You gotta love Thanksgiving, it's like an early Christmas!

Where in Indiana?

I was at the Coventry meeting in May, not sure if I will make a race this time around. She is a race fan, so its not hard to get her to any racing event. She was actually part of our ARCA Truck/ReMax and USAR Hooters Pro Cup teams. We dont want to see all of London, just the main spots. Not sure if we spend the night in London or head back to Hootys :scared15:

Yeah the exchange rate is the same here as last time, so we might exchange our money once we land in LGW and charge most everything. Right now you all can basically steal stuff here in the states. I could make a fortune selling stuff to you all :thumbup:

Wabash, Indiana. It's where the wife is from and where the rest of her family live.

Just change up what you need to to get by at Gatwick. Exchanges at Airports have worse rates and often apply a hefty charge. Do your main changing of money at a travel agent in the town you are staying. They will give a better rate than at airports and 99% of them are commission free as well so no extra charge.

If you cant find a travel agent then the Post Office does commission free currency exchange as well.

Wabash, Indiana. It's where the wife is from and where the rest of her family live.

Just change up what you need to to get by at Gatwick. Exchanges at Airports have worse rates and often apply a hefty charge. Do your main changing of money at a travel agent in the town you are staying. They will give a better rate than at airports and 99% of them are commission free as well so no extra charge.

If you cant find a travel agent then the Post Office does commission free currency exchange as well.

Copy that, thanks, will send Hooty on a fact finding mission then :) Wabash is about 3 hours from me. Im near Cincinnati.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..