BIRMINGHAM WHEELS v0.9 RELEASED!!!

DanSkin

http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?I...ingham%20Wheels

Check out the "Download Links" section of the page and get it in game. The version there currently is not an installer, don't fret - just extract it to you rF folder.

This version of the track is different to that used on Sunday night! DELETE ANY OLDER VERSION, AND THE RELATED HAT FILE BEFORE INSTALLING THIS VERSION!

The UK Dirt rFactor server will have this version of Birmingham on it.

Thank you Jeff, and all the rest of the guys. :thumbup:

Another superb track, great stuff!

My only suggestion is to include a RACEGROOVE.DDS similar to the one I posted elsewhere, the default rFactor one is terrible and really shows the polygon edges badly, especially on a short oval where the groove is so heavy.

No surprise here but i need some help!!!

I have installed track - put into correct folder etc but when I select my controller i dont have any control at all.

Also happens if i select keys.

Car just sits there in pits with no response - tell me im basic and what I am doing wrong please!

PS controller works fine on ipswich

Ta

Edited by watto

No surprise here but i need some help!!!

I have installed track - put into correct folder etc but when I select my controller i dont have any control at all.

Also happens if i select keys.

Car just sits there in pits with no response - tell me im basic and what I am doing wrong please!

PS controller works fine on ipswich

Ta

its an odd one m8, I had the same problem at Ippy a couple of weeks back, went through the controller settings and everything worked after that but I saved the settings to a new pad setup file just in case.

I had the same problem, reinstalling the track seemed to fix it :thumbup:

Oh yeah...almost forgot, thanks to all involved in making this track :thumbup:

Edited by erik

Oh i thought there was a dirt version :(

Is there going to be one released??

No, dont plan on it.

Another superb track, great stuff!

My only suggestion is to include a RACEGROOVE.DDS similar to the one I posted elsewhere, the default rFactor one is terrible and really shows the polygon edges badly, especially on a short oval where the groove is so heavy.

If Im not mistaken (please correct me if Im wrong lol) the racegroove.dds goes in the main locations folder. If I add that with the download, anyone who has a dif racegroove it would overwrite. I dont think the groove can be track by track, just all tracks in general. Its been well over a year since I tried that tbh, so not sure if 1250 allows per track basis or not. We talked about it, but if you dont like the dds we added, Im sure your not going to be happy that we overwrote your old one :3:

Cheers all - reloaded track and that has sorted the controller issue.

Any ideas why it just flashes up wrong way all the time bottom left corner?

I think you need to exit the pits a certain way, going over to the other side then turning left and then going onto the track seems to correct this for me :thumbup:

Cheers all - reloaded track and that has sorted the controller issue.

Any ideas why it just flashes up wrong way all the time bottom left corner?

yep Erik's right m8, the 'right way' is dictated by the AI path from pit to track, which I think FreeW's had to do as a big loop in the pit area so the Ai are all nicely in line by the time they get to the pit gate..... if you take a shorter route, it flags up as 'wrong way'

If Im not mistaken (please correct me if Im wrong lol) the racegroove.dds goes in the main locations folder. If I add that with the download, anyone who has a dif racegroove it would overwrite. I dont think the groove can be track by track, just all tracks in general. Its been well over a year since I tried that tbh, so not sure if 1250 allows per track basis or not. We talked about it, but if you dont like the dds we added, Im sure your not going to be happy that we overwrote your old one :3:

Yes you are mistaken. It can go in the track folder and it will be used for that track only, absolutely no impact on a user's existing files. Try it and see :)

Oh i thought there was a dirt version :(

Is there going to be one released??

No, dont plan on it.

why the shots on rFCentral then? they look like dirt to me :D (Not worried personally you understand just wondering)

I love Birm mate its top draw as always, cant wait for your collection to grow :)

Yes you are mistaken. It can go in the track folder and it will be used for that track only, absolutely no impact on a user's existing files. Try it and see :)

Well you learn something new everyday. I dropped it in the main folder, nothing. I had it as a tga, changed to dds, nothing... hmmm Dropped it in the subfolder, tada! Tested also, with my orig texture, and your texture in the birm folder, works just fine. Will add that from now on, thanks for the tip.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..