trouble joining jolt

elwellfan501

I have recently joined uk dirt but i am having difficulty joining the jolt servers at times. i managed to get through a legends meeting and some practice. but i keep being told that 'ping is too high' but i have no idea what this means?????

Can anyone tell me what it means and how i can cure the problem so i start racing online again please?

Any help much appreciated :thumbs_up:

I have recently joined uk dirt but i am having difficulty joining the jolt servers at times. i managed to get through a legends meeting and some practice. but i keep being told that 'ping is too high' but i have no idea what this means?????

Can anyone tell me what it means and how i can cure the problem so i start racing online again please?

Any help much appreciated :thumbs_up:

it looks like your firewall is blocking the return ping from the server.....often it sees a non-reply as 'ping too high'. What firewall do you use on your pc and/or hub/router? There are different fixes depending on your firewall setup.

Hi i have norton installed on my pc and it says it has a personal firewall, im not sure how to find out if there is a firewall acting on windows aswell??

I am using aol and the router that they supplied me with, dont think it has a firewall built in.

Hope this is the info you needed and thanks for the help :thumbs_up:

Thanks, i clicked on windows firewall and a box appeared saying, windows firewall settings could not dislpayed because the associated service is not running. But the firewall is definately on on Norton.

ok, firstly i'm not a Norton user so i'm afraid I can't offer you a 'walk-through' fix........check through the Norton firewall to see if it has a section for program settings (where you can set how each program you have accesses the internet) - if Norton has this, you may need to allow nascar heat specific access, and this will probably be 2-way access, so your game receives the incoming ping. When I used to use ZoneAlarm, allowing was down to finding the specific component (in this case heat.bin) and allowing it 2-way access. Heat.bin is hard to find, so do a search for it then use the found path to allow in Norton.

ish

hope you sort it, let us know please ...... Wrighty

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..