advise plz admin

Cod120

Drumb had posted a thread here to inform people interested in Rfactor f1s about a mini series for f1's. It also had a link to the KRW website with all sorts of information. my question to admin, was it removed by an admin member and why it was removed. was there a vote within admin for it to be removed or did someone remove it as thier own choice?either way i am miffed as to why it was removed. if it was a new track or car that was posted would that have been removed? i find this insulting to the people who have spent numerous hours of thier time creating this mod.

Just today, infact only recently I removed the post. It had been left to stand for some time whilst I queried our position with the rest of the General Admin Team.

In the end, our policy - a part of the UK Dirt Forum Rules will still stand in relation to rFactor & mod leagues - in that no advertising of other leagues will be permitted on these boards.

To quote from the rules...

[2.2] We do not allow any type of advertising of any kind on the forums without the express permission of an Administrator. This may include, but is not limited to, commercial sites, auctions, or service requests. No exceptions.

Links to tracks drumstick has posted are still available within this forum, and I'm sure a number of people could provide you with links, or the member in question if you contacted them directly. Anyone who's thread (i.e. the thread starter) has been removed, has been informed and as to why.

no offence dan but i have never read so much shoite in ages. Rfactor is the future of ukdirt possibly.

this isnt a league as such imo it is an evening of a testing session to replicate ukdirt as TESTING.

BWS was on this forum for ages before it was removed so why so prompt with this.

i would regard Rfactor F1s as an association of ukdirt not a stand alone league

rFactor F1s is a stand alone mod, and not really in association with UK Dirt.. luckily the development team recognise that "we" are the most likely end user (or at least prime audience for now) - so it makes sense to look here and at other similar leagues, for feedback, etc.

I hope, it is the future of UK Dirt, but that is a discussion for another day :)

Advertising other leagues has never been permitted (which is what GRC and SOR are - rules, formats, fixtures, titles, own servers, etc is certainly beyond just "test evenings")

BWS was only here by special arrangement and as long standing friends of UK Dirt - this arragenment has now ceased.

UK Dirt (namely myself and MoR so far confirmed...) will be running series/mini series shortly and over the winter - in view of testing towards helping the mod development, and organising the 2008 season here at UK Dirt (all being well...).

Edited by DanSkin

rFactor F1s is a stand alone mod, and not really in association with UK Dirt.. luckily the development team recognise that "we" are the most likely end user (or at least prime audience for now) - so it makes sense to look here and at other similar leagues, for feedback, etc.

I hope, it is the future of UK Dirt, but that is a discussion for another day :)

Advertising other leagues has never been permitted (which is what GRC and SOR are - rules, formats, fixtures, titles, own servers, etc is certainly beyond just "test evenings")

BWS was only here by special arrangement and as long standing friends of UK Dirt - this arragenment has now ceased.

UK Dirt (namely myself and MoR so far confirmed...) will be running series/mini series shortly and over the winter - in view of testing towards helping the mod development, and organising the 2008 season here at UK Dirt (all being well...).

Dan informed me of the thread being removed and I have no problem with this. If anyone wants more information they can contact me, and I have offered to also help here in whatever way I can.

in view of testing towards helping the mod development, and organising the 2008 season here at UK Dirt (all being well...).

drums leauge is set up for the development of rfactor f1's , not to compete with the ukdirt league.....

the beta's out now and needs testing now not months later when the final version is due/will be out, nothing was being organised on here so a testing league was made else where to fill the gap till uk dirt started

looks more like spat out dummys for removing the post this side of the fence :rolleyes:

Edited by HUTCH

The decision has been made at the end of the day, and outcome was fairly likely from the beginning. Advertising other leagues rarely has, and rarely will be permitted on this forum.

Think what you will Hutch, I have explained myself and why the decision has been made :) I love this mod, I would not do anything to attempt to hurt it's development.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..