DDS Conversion holes

Fourwinds

Hi All,

When I use the nvidia dds converter for inside of Photoshop (CS2) I get holes appearing in my wing and other places on my car ... This does not happen if I use the DDS Converter 2 software ... The problem with the latter is that it generates a file size double the nvidia conversion ....

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can either:

1, Stop the holes appearing in the CS2 conversion.

2, Reduce the file size of the DDS Converter 2 conversion.

Thanks

Fourwinds

Hi All,

When I use the nvidia dds converter for inside of Photoshop (CS2) I get holes appearing in my wing and other places on my car ... This does not happen if I use the DDS Converter 2 software ... The problem with the latter is that it generates a file size double the nvidia conversion ....

When you say holes do you mean like those on Aub's skin below?

[attachmentid=19862]

If it is, there are a couple of potential solutions on this page (scroll down to Wrightys post)

post-40-1191582588_thumb.jpg

i think the problem is somting to do with alpha chanels and the default file name on elite template,

as its the only 1 ive had this happen on

try this as it worked for me,

wen you save dds, leave file name as it is, and untick alpha chanels box then save,

rename the file to whatever you need it to be. ie 188els.dds ect

and it should be ok

I just save it twice!

2nd time always works fine!

I managed to make the car completely see through with a bit of playing around :blink: It looked like it was made of glass.

THIS HAS HAPPENED TO ME ALSO BUT I KNOW WHAT HAPPEND WITH IT..... WHEN I SAVED MY CAR FROM PHOTOSHOP I WAS SAVING IT AS 8elt.dds to my desktop to then put it in rfactor folder.

on doin this i noticed it was wrong it should have been 8eliT.DDS so actually renaming it WHEN IT WAS SAVED caused the probs for me. just make sure you save it how it has to go in the folder. ie correct naming)

once i had done that it was ok. hope this helps.

THIS HAS HAPPENED TO ME ALSO BUT I KNOW WHAT HAPPEND WITH IT..... WHEN I SAVED MY CAR FROM PHOTOSHOP I WAS SAVING IT AS 8elt.dds to my desktop to then put it in rfactor folder.

on doin this i noticed it was wrong it should have been 8eliT.DDS so actually renaming it WHEN IT WAS SAVED caused the probs for me. just make sure you save it how it has to go in the folder. ie correct naming)

once i had done that it was ok. hope this helps.

A very interesting observation Tosh, I just wished you'd said sooner, lol (more on that in a minute). I will test this properly when i get some time so i can update my skin guide etc - would be a very simple solution to a very frustrating issue.

I've noticed whilst doing skins that there has been quite a few of skins with these holes - the reason i've not mentioned it is because i haven't got any time at all to chase these things up. I am renaming everybody's skins so that they all fit the new filing arrangements etc........... well, you join up the dots! Obviously i've no time to eradicate this now (sorting all 39 sets of skins has taken me hours on end so far), its something we'll have to grin and bare for this skinpack i'm afraid (its not too serious, maybe 5-10% have the holes, the rest don't) but i suppose thats what this Autumn League is about, finding problems/solutions and sorting them out for the real thing :thumbup:

Guest Scrapman53

I haven't had this problem so far.

I paint the skins on the .psd file and name them to the correct skin name and save straight into my rFactor shale/tar folder.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..