3d modelling

Speed

i have been playing around with 3d max for a while now but i want to actually start building something related to stockcars can anyone give me some ideas of what i could build. here is alist of things i want to make eventually but maybe to big for me to take on

Trailer

Transport eg Bus, Van, Truck

Car

Track

any ideas. i could be tempted to build a car to start off but im having trouble finding a car i could try to model. one thats different to the ones in the game. any ideas will be greatly appreciated

thanks for comments i did have a go of ur tutorial a wile back nick but i want to make an f1 rather than a banger and so i suppose i need some picks lol that would be very helpful.

thanks for comments i did have a go of ur tutorial a wile back nick but i want to make an f1 rather than a banger and so i suppose i need some picks lol that would be very helpful.

If your looking to make an F1, the best advice I can give you is that you need to get some basics down (which i guess you already have judging by your first post!), these include:

- General modeling from primitives (ie, starting with a box, moving verts, extruding, beveling, subdivision of polys)

- Lofting (a much easier technique to making tricky cylindrical parts like a rollcage than using a cylinder primitive - essential technique)

- 3D Snap (another useful tool to get the hang of for when you panel the car)

- UVW Mapping and Unwrap UVW (the only mapping techniques you'll really need for an F1)

So really - just make sure you've a grasp of those before you set off on your project, then have fun and you'll learn so much more when your building something you want to build, rather than the same old crappy tutorials modeling coke cans and magic swords :rofl:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..