track modeling tutorial

TADS

Hi all i have started making a BASIC track modeling tutorial i have uploaded the 1st part lofting track surface this has taken me around 4-5 hours so far to do and will try and update this once aweek

if i have forgotten anything please email me or reply here or my forum thats on my website

my website

link straight to track tut

TADS

cheers tads might give it a go

good website as well :thumbs_up:

can any1 do some lofting for me because how ever much i try i cannot do it i am gonna try and make yarmouth

tads or some1 could u do the lofting and send me it plz

heres the aerial pic of yarmouth:

[attachmentid=20815]

Heres my track lines (infield and fence):

[attachmentid=20816]

heres what always happens to me after i get shape on the lofting:

[attachmentid=20817]

plz somebody help cheers!

post-1635-1194709313_thumb.jpg

post-1635-1194709701_thumb.jpg

post-1635-1194709727_thumb.jpg

ok if u follow my tutorial you wouldnt have two lines for fence and infield for a start and the lofting the track surface is the easyest bit about modeling a track

try doing it the way i have said and see where u go?

TADS

This is what I have so far :)

what track is that meant to be matey if you dont mind me asking :thumbs_up:

im now stuck on this step:

now we will make a spline line next to the basic looking oval spline, this will be the track width this is more trial and error

to get right for a real life track... but for this tutorial i will just make one as im not going of any prints.

to do this you need to go into create and in to splines then click line once you have the SMALL line

you need to right click the mouse anywhere in the scene to deselect that line and then click back on the main

track spline again see pic.....

[attachmentid=20857]

i dont understand what to do on this bit please help

post-1635-1194859372.jpg

Epic tut Tads, brilliant. I'm hoping to re model Barrow into a track with more similarities to the real thing, better for wrecking rather than the current roddy one, and hopefully with better armco that you don't ride when you it it.

May have some free time over the weekend to make a start.

Zarky here as my accounts locked (damo let me use his account) here is where i am stuck i have followed everything by the instructions and now im stuck

where am i ment to stick the width line (the step before we loft)

[attachmentid=20969]

and if tads or sparky or someone would do this step i can upload the .max file

post-2720-1195313967_thumb.jpg

Edited by Damo127

In regards to many tracks fences....Including the current Barrow track ...much of the problem with bangers riding the fence is actually down to the car physics not being right. The new demo derby cars dont suffer the same problems at the current Barrow track. Much of the issue is down to grip levels on the cars. Grip is set on both car and track...when the 2 are too high then the back wheels of the car keep pushing as the car strikes the fence and causes the car to tip up to put it in simple terms.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..