Im putting this

Cod120

on here to save having to explain to most of my msn contacts im going for a fortnight prydie is trying to get booked and tosh hutch is booked so to save explaining heres the story of 18 DAYS to go

cod i used the right handed reverse hook last year and it wasnt that good, ive went for the "spining ghostbuster with extended flaps" this year. They have them in stock on amazon at the moment.

prydie

You've got more chance getting a Nintendo Wii than the Spinning GB!!!!

There was a hunting website which was based in Kentucky which stocked loads of hunt based equipment and they had the Spinning GB listed so I e-mailed em asking for prices as regards shipping to the UK and got a reply saying that this year the demand for the GB was phenomenal and that they were sold out and wouldnt be able to get new supplies in until way after the 30th which of course is of no use whatsoever. :rolleyes:

The person was extremely helpful though, fully appreciating just how important an event this is and advised me to perhaps try the slightly smaller,lighter fixed head Rizzler.

As you well know its not quite as accurate as any type of spinner as such but has the benefits of quicker reloading times than the GB in particular and looks fair braw hanging on yer armour belt due to its unique ergonomically designed handle.

I'll unfortunately miss this years event due to the fact some totally inconsiderate person has decided to get married on the opening day and my attendence at the afforementioned exchaning of marital vows is very much required :shrug:

I'd like to take this opportunity to wish everyone who is indeed intending taking part the very best of luck... My Gawd you'll need it as you'll certainly know youve been on the hunt once its over..

P.S,

As I'm unable to attend the event, anyone wishing to borrow my flipback invertor get in touch and I can arrange for Cod to bring it to the event for you

Once Again,

All the best

'MEK

Really hope to make it this year, Gotta laugh at you young uns wi the new fandango GB's and Klumpers, all aluminium lightweight stuff.

I still use my dads old Chakkits, which were his dads btw. made from Hickory and leather. A bit heavier to carry but I think just as good for the job, Hey last years results say it all.

Best of luck lads...see you there

heres a wee teaser tae get u in the mood guys easy meat this one pitty the beasties didnt sit like this on the hills www.paulsdomain.co.uk/images/2007/01/haggis.jpg

Edited by Cod120

I had tried the new equipment a few events ago and didn't think the accuracy was up to scratch, hence the reason I went for the updated guttie, gone for the heavier 10oz chukkies too, need to be closer but wearing the glaekit suit should make me merge into the scenery and get a few shots away . :thumbs_up:

heres a wee teaser tae get u in the mood guys easy meat this one pitty the beasties didnt sit like this on the hills www.paulsdomain.co.uk/images/2007/01/haggis.jpg

:rofl: definetely trying to tease us m8....thats the stuffed one from your trophy cabinet aint it, because thats the wall at the bottom of your garden and the wee fellas would never wander down that close to you.

:rofl: definetely trying to tease us m8....thats the stuffed one from your trophy cabinet aint it, because thats the wall at the bottom of your garden and the wee fellas would never wander down that close to you.

sussed again :blink::011:

Of course its a wind up Jarry!!

If you pay very close attention you can see the eyes of the beast have a glazed opaque type look which is only found in the less common hairy muffed species, solely located in the Outer hebrides,( location for the 2003 hunt) and the foliage in the picture is the Dangle Berry bush which wont survive such harsh winters as they experience oop norf!!!

Nice try Fish Boy!!!

:2:

'MEK

i have a 16 seat minibus with 13 of us going we have room for 1 more if you know any one wanting to join us but we need the back seats for the beer ooops gear be fast lads as we need conformation for the bus company

• 2 months later...

well lads i just had the traditional haggis (1st catch of the hunt for me) with my neep and tumshies you guys pull the beastie from ya freezer aswell?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..