best modem to use?

jamesy

my netgear dg834 is playing up so deciding to buy a new one,whats the best out there dont really want to go wireless as i know its not that gd for online racing

I would reccomend a linksys as F2-fan says as they do the job and never had a bother with them when racing online :thumbs_up:

walker

i'm the same wrighty been using mine for 4 years with no probs,i think tbh my problem is with pipex as aol was no trouble,only been having trouble since i changed to pipex with it getting worse all the time.

dump pipex m8, they've changed policy this year on how their traffic is handled and they're now prioritising web-based traffic (http) over 'pings'. I spent 6 weeks arguing with their technical support to try and identify why i kept getting booted from servers (rfactor and shot-online golf had the same problem) but their justification was that 'its what their customers want' despite the fact that by prioritising http over ping requests they're basically shafting anyone who uses them as an ISP for gaming. They've been rolling this system out across their network of servers since early 2007t and I'm afraid they're not going to change this policy anytime soon...and they don't let you know when your server gets updated, so the only knowledge you'll have is getting booted from servers all of a sudden. I know of at least 3 people who've had the same problem (getting booted from online game servers) and you're another. Contact pipex and find out how much you have left on your contract m8, I have a feeling the problems you're having with your router isn't down to the router, i'm 99% certain its your ISP. You can try this if you want, it's a free tool called Traceroute Express and it gives you routing info to any site to check the hops from you to them .... pm me yr msn address if you require any further assistance :thumbs_up:

I have been on netgear for 2/3 years aswell no problems at all just recently upgraded to get wireless in house and use my pc on cable connection,I would also suggest to dump pipex caused unbeliveable problems i have now moved onto orange and have had excellent download rates and connection.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..