For people having problems signing in to msn

dangerous damo

ive been having problems with windows vista signing in to msn with the following intermittent error. 81000306 so after trying all the trobleshooting tips without any luck i emailed microsoft support who emailed me back and what i did seems to have cured it. im posting so it may help others with similar problems in the future. heres what you need to do (taken from microsofts email):

If you are using Windows Vista, disable the Auto Tuning Networking feature: a. Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, and then right-click Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator.

b. Click Continue when Windows requests permission to continue.

c. At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER: netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled

Note This command disables the Window Auto Tuning feature.

After you disable the Auto Tuning Networking feature, verify if you are able to sign into Messenger.

cheers, damo.

How about i say it works properly.... even on vista so its not necessary???

if there was a genuine problem they would of released a new version to cover it.

Btw im on vista-64bit

• 2 weeks later...

my msn just crashes for no reason so your on photoshop doing stuff then it just comes up saying that its stopped working windows explorer does the same. And do anyone of you have the problem where u have to save the drivers text to your desktop then drag it to the skinpack folder?

dode

Edited by wee dode

Yeah dode i get same. Says it cant find the path to drivers text?

yeah thats what it says

i had that problem but then suddenly it stopped doing it so i can just save the .txt normally if i figure out what made it stopped i'll let you know

Windows Vista is one of the WORST packages ive ever seen for a computer...The ui is pointless and confusing... All there doing is trying to make it more like apple...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..