Playstation 3

Tricky88

Ive just bought a playstation 3 and i wondered what games do you think are good for it and is it free to play online

yeah online is free :) games i like is Motorstorm, Pes2008, resistance fall of man, ratchet & clank :P, gran turismo prologue (is oversized demo i know but it is pretty good) & f1

Guest Trash

GT5 Prologue is very good, Colin McRae DIRT, F1, Tiger Woods, Burnout Paradise are all decent.

Ferrari Challenge is out in a couple of weeks and looks quite promising.

If you get a PS3 camera, then the Trials Of Topoq and Operation Creature Feature are a decent blast, available from the PSN Store.

Online is free, found GT5 can be a bit warpy, probably down to all the wireless connections.

ive had both ps3 all the way for me,games wise i like fifa08,colin mcrea dirt, need for speed pro street,paradise is gd.thought motorstorm was rubbish imo. Getting call of duty 4 when i can be assed and gt5 prologue wHen it arrives

Guest Trash

ive had both ps3 all the way for me,games wise i like fifa08,colin mcrea dirt, need for speed pro street,paradise is gd.thought motorstorm was rubbish imo. Getting call of duty 4 when i can be assed and gt5 prologue wHen it arrives

I thought Motorstorm was crud as well, looked fantastic but no skill required!

Guest Trash

Im still stuck weather to get a PS3 or an Xbox360! Anyone got both and can compare?!

Games wise, they pretty much look the same at the moment. There are more games out for the 360 and they tend to be slightly cheaper than PS3 ones.

Online gaming: The 360 is better with joining friends in games etc, the PS3 isn't the easiest for that kind of thing and they have said it will be rectified with future firmware updates. PS3 online is free whereas the 360 one is not. A 360 12 month subscription is around 40 quid. Also for the online part, PS3 has wireless built into the machine already and 360 does not, if you want wireless for your 360 it will set you back about 60 quid-ish.

The HD movie format war: The PS3 has a BluRay player alreay built in. Once you have the latest firmware it actually makes it the most advanced BluRay player on the market. It now has BDLive in it which is where the PS3 will seach the net for bonus content when you put a disc in and ask you if you want to download it. The picture quality of BluRay on an HD screen is stunning. They have discontinued the HD-DVD drive for the 360 (which was another £100 at the time!) as BluRay has beaten HD-DVD in the format war. HD-DVD films are being sold off by the shops now so if you want HD movies then 360 wont be doing the latest stuff for a while until they sort out a BluRay add-on (there is talk of it).

The 360 still does have reliability issues, the new machines are better than the older ones but they stil have their problems with the three red lights of death. If that did happen then Microsoft will repair it free but it's just hassle.

Hope that helps, it might seem a bit pro PS3 but I have tried to balance it fairly! We do sell more PS3's in store than 360's these days if it's any help or indication.

Don't forget GTA 4 is out late April!!!!!!!! :groupwave:

On PS3 & 360!!!!!

I've even booked time off work to go to the midnight release. I know, i'm sad! :blush:

ive pre-ordered gta4 for my 360 already. ive always had playstations. ive had a ps1 and ps2 but the price of the ps3 at the time put me off so i got a 360 to give it a go. i must admit im fairly impressed so far. ive got moto gp 2007, call of duty 4, fifa 2008 and need for speed pro street. the thing that is annoying is gran turismo isnt going to be on the 360 and its one of my favourite all time games. bearing this in mind i mind sell my 360 , buy a ps3 and then i can buy all the above games and get gran turismo 5 aswell.

i have both and spend more time on the ps3 now mainly on cod 4 online also have resistance fall of man uncharted drakes fortune burnout paradise unreal tournament 3 and got gt5 prologue last week which althou its a teaser for the full game it aint that good imo online is the worst of a driving game ive played no damge on cars and lots of warp single player aint that good either think i'll trade it in and get hot shots golf world tour which looks good and the online play ive heard is superb, now on my 2nd xbox360 after the red lights error

Edited by chris

i have both xbox360 n ps3

graphics i'd say ps3 is way ahead and mainly everything else ps3 is ahead

but loses out online and friends list etc.. xbox is superb for that and i much prefer playing my xbox cause can get into my friends matches alot quicker etc but if i wanna play alone ps3 is awesome

i'd go xbox360 tho for the online :P

ive played pes08 online its class got a few bugs tho but if ya want a end to end footy game pes08 online is ace

Edited by munch264

What is the 3 lights of death :shrug: ?

it hasnt happened to mine yet - touch wood but i think they are referring to when the lights on the front ( the ones that go green to show which pads are connected near the power button) turn red indicating the machine has a major fault.

What is the 3 lights of death :shrug: ?

it hasnt happened to mine yet - touch wood but i think they are referring to when the lights on the front ( the ones that go green to show which pads are connected near the power button) turn red indicating the machine has a major fault.

I had it on my xbox, i sent it off and they sent me a brand new one back within a week or so. :thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..