F1 Stock cars

stephensp

Hi guys,

Great to have the new patch V1.1 for the stock cars.And good to be able to use the Tarmac and Shale

season offline.

The only problem is we that can only use the game offline are still not able to grid the cars in graded

order, is there a program available for us to use?Let me put it to you like this i would like to run my

own season with myself racing against the AI cars i would like to be able to decide who i have in the race meetings and be able to put the cars in graded order plus myself on the grid.

It would be ideal if all the cars i had could be put into a grid edit and for me to pick out the cars i want

and put them on the grid in graded order even if it was one behind the other with no space between

the grades that would be ok and of course to be able to put myself anywhere on the grid.

Because at the moment all that we have is a random grid which will have reds at the front as well as

whites yellows and blues.

Can this be done?

Sorry if ive gone on with this question but before F1 stock cars came on line in rfactor the promotion

videos would end with KEEPING IT REAL.Yes for those online league users but not for us offline users

who are not able to race in the leagues because of work commitments,

Anyway sorry for going on and i hope somebody can give me an answer.

Thanks guys. Paul Stephens

Hi guys,

Great to have the new patch V1.1 for the stock cars.And good to be able to use the Tarmac and Shale

season offline.

The only problem is we that can only use the game offline are still not able to grid the cars in graded

order, is there a program available for us to use?Let me put it to you like this i would like to run my

own season with myself racing against the AI cars i would like to be able to decide who i have in the race meetings and be able to put the cars in graded order plus myself on the grid.

It would be ideal if all the cars i had could be put into a grid edit and for me to pick out the cars i want

and put them on the grid in graded order even if it was one behind the other with no space between

the grades that would be ok and of course to be able to put myself anywhere on the grid.

Because at the moment all that we have is a random grid which will have reds at the front as well as

whites yellows and blues.

Can this be done?

Sorry if ive gone on with this question but before F1 stock cars came on line in rfactor the promotion

videos would end with KEEPING IT REAL.Yes for those online league users but not for us offline users

who are not able to race in the leagues because of work commitments,

Anyway sorry for going on and i hope somebody can give me an answer.

Thanks guys. Paul Stephens

As far as I'm aware, such a program isn't available. What you need to remember is that this is a mod for a game, we did not code the game from scratch, therefore, only have control over certain things. We all know how unique our sport is, so the chances of finding a mod-able game that will allow you to meet every single criteria of what should comprise of a stock car game are very slim. We made the mod with the offline user in mind as well, that is why you have tarmac/shale seasons and 70+ real life skins....

Edited by MoR137

The easiest (or only?) way I can think of to race against a graded AI field would be to do the following.

Create a multiplayer game (set a password if you like, so no-one else will come in)...

Make yourself the server admin, then add some AI cars.

Once you've progressed to the warmup session, use the editgrid command to alter the grid order of cars in the race. e.g. typing in /editgrid 1 DanSkin would put me on pole, etc.

A list of commands, and information about using the multiplayer side of things can be found in your RFactor directory in the readme file.

:shrug: It is also possible to set up batch files to grid cars, although I'm not sure how much success you would have with that - you may have to trim your install to a set number of cars to ensure the right people were in the race each time.

edit

I haven't tried any of this - I'm assuming you can assign AI cars positions with that command...

You might also want to check just incase you can use the same command in the single player mode anyway...

Edited by DanSkin

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..