70's Bangers St Austell

Cabs

Brilliant vid Cabs. That's proper old skool bangers, none of this follow-in car-a-meeting business :thumbs_up:

Well funny at 2:13! That A60 pickup got properly done.

Upload it on Youtube - it'll go nicely with my New Brighton one :thumbup:

Cheers

thats good stuff...

I've seen a clip on you-tube that had commentary - i think it was even on TV...

Does anyone know of a good place to buy the older footage on DVD? I'm interested in more of the 70's to 90's stuff, especially from Dover, Coombe Valley ; Essex, Arena ; London, Wimbo and Standlake tracks... I guess the track-websites are best - but i'm not sure...

The only footage i have is the legendary "incoming series" done by the edit legend himself Flying Si...

Unless someone wants an offsite storage area for their back-ups of their banger racing dvd's - i can assit :D

Any team stuff would be good too... Team sites?

Cheers,

Mackers

PS - if they can redo rambo and rocky - surely Si can rise again and make another trillogy :P

<can't blame a man for trying>

very kind words mackers but i'm afraid I sold all my capture stuff a while back as I'm in the process of saving for a bike. It's always an idea to check on e-bay as I have seen several Westcountry videos Bangers and Crash vids on there in the past + various stuff from other filmers.

Cheers Flyinsi :042:

cool chap - credit where credit due n all that...

Which bike you getting? I've got a few bikes myself, couple GSXR750's, GSX600F and a GS125...

Got me missus through her CBT too - she'll be using the 125 for a year or so before we put her through her full test - then she'll use the 600f for another year or so - then she'll have a gixxer ready for her :) Maybe she'll be able to keep up then hehehe

Cheers,

Mackers

The 12 minute clip is now in one place in one go here !

http://www.viddler.com/explore/Cabs226/videos/1/

Car preperation was pretty bare minimum as you see with only a very few stripping the cars in a manner we are use to in todays form. Most were run on the original fuel tanks and batteries rarely moved, just sometimes covered down with something to stop any sparks. Ive witnessed for myself a drivers banger being rendered useless after the first heat, so back to pits he goes, pops the front and rear lights out the tow car, wind the windows down and have a tour round for the rest of the meeting then to put the lights in and make his journey home!

Oh ........ the guy in the pick up was probably more famous for being the first car behind Mad Max in that crash at Wimbo one World Final night (Conroy Brown 130)

Cheers!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..