Matchams Park Stadium, Ringwood

Biffo

You probably all remember last years application to East Dorset District Council to flatten Matchams Park Stadium, Ringwood and build 40 houses on the site.

Glad to say the plans were rejected on the grounds that no social housing was included in the design such as Housing Association units.

Just found out Application No. 3/08/0606/OUT has now been submitted to the East Dorset District Council (15th May) for the Demolition of Matchams Staduim and Ancillary Structures and redevelopment of the whole site for 40 houses, etc,etc....

Details of the application can be found on www.dorsetforyou.com where it is also possible to submit comments on the proposal.

Here we go again

Yeah i got a letter. The promotors "Trojan international" are running it into the ground tho. Iv heard rumours not sure how true that someone else maybe getting in there (autospeed).

quote name='sibbs' date='23rd May 2008, 10:34:23' post='156759']

Yeah i got a letter. The promotors "Trojan international" are running it into the ground tho. Iv heard rumours not sure how true that someone else maybe getting in there (autospeed).

I visited there in april for a nights racing. I found the facility to be good, those running it were friendly, professional and helpful and the racing was good. I didn't like the launch pads on the inside of the start of each corner, and there were very few spectators, but i'd race there again if it wasn't so far away.

Got a letter through the door about this...

To cut a logn story short, they didnt put my name on it so my mum opened it. Was in response the petition, the local council want to find out about why people dont want the stadium to be demolished... of course she didnt have a clue what "matchams park" was so phoned up and complained that she'd been sent junk mail! :angry_smile:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..