Converting a skin / Getting it in game

Ok lads ive read through Mor's tutorial on how to convert your skin and get it in game, but i just cant get it to work.

I've tried everything i can think of. Currently i have a skinpack from simstox which has a section for novice skins which is where i have tried to place my skin. I have copied the .veh file, ie the drivers text from the same vehicle i am trying to use and renamed the sections explained in Mor's tutorial. I also saved my car as a DDS file and made the options the same as Mor in the tutorial.

However when i go into the game and look in the novice skin section my skin does not show at all, The problem seems to be that the game is not picking up my drivers text?

Can anyone point out where ive gone wrong... still getting used to rfactor

Ok lads ive read through Mor's tutorial on how to convert your skin and get it in game, but i just cant get it to work.

I've tried everything i can think of. Currently i have a skinpack from simstox which has a section for novice skins which is where i have tried to place my skin. I have copied the .veh file, ie the drivers text from the same vehicle i am trying to use and renamed the sections explained in Mor's tutorial. I also saved my car as a DDS file and made the options the same as Mor in the tutorial.

However when i go into the game and look in the novice skin section my skin does not show at all, The problem seems to be that the game is not picking up my drivers text?

Can anyone point out where ive gone wrong... still getting used to rfactor

The bottom of the veh file is quite important, for example:

FullTeamName="Sim-Stox (Novice Shale)"

TeamFounded=

TeamHeadquarters=""

TeamStarts=

TeamPoles=

TeamWins=

TeamWorldChampionships=

Category="ShaleOL"

Make sure it reads that, so it shows in game. If you have one car reading wrong it can sometimes muck up the rest of the cars so make sure you always know which veh file is incorrect (ie the one you're working on)

If in doubt, make a copy of a driver's veh (with the same chassis) onto your desktop then just change your name and numbers from top to bottom. Rename it in the correct format (needs to have this name in the veh file), then put it with your dds file.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..