Lap-Top Needs Speeding Up

Sam

Hello all,

I would be grateful for any tips/advice on how to speed our Lap-Top up.

I am currently away from home in the Falklands, with under a month left of my four month detachment. My Mrs has been experiancing trouble with the lap top in that it is running very slowly. We have a good connection at home and the Lap-Top is under a year old.

Its frustrating her very much and I would love to try to resolve the issue for her (and of course have it running smoothly for my return)

Any help and idea will be much appreciated.

Sam

Start by clearing all the temporary internet files and running a virus scan.

Virus scan sorted, have got McAfee which does that every so often.

How do you clear all the tempoary internet files? I am a computer biff, sorry)

Oi sam have you went fly fishing in the falklands yet ;)

I'm not into fishing, but alot of the lads go quite often. I just eat the stuff they catch!

I have recently started using CCLEANER & DEFRAGGLER.

Both are free :) and have given both my old clunker of a pc and my mrs under yr old laptop a good speed boost

So CCLEANER & DEFRAGGLER is the way foward. Do I just go on a website and click download, then the software does the rest?

Thank you all for your help, especially Ciderman who I think was offering to service my Mrs. I have sent him a PM with her address and phone number if anyone else wants to help feel free to get in touch with him ;)

Edited by Sam

hi sam,

whenever you access an internet page your computer will save that page so that the next time you visit the same page it will load up quicker - it is important to delete these ever so often (I do mine about once every week or two) as these files begin to clog up your computer and will slow it down.

to delete your temporary internet files if you use internet explorer - (not sure if it is the same for Mozilla) left click start - at the top will be internet explorer - right click this - and left click internet properties - a box will open with tabs - on the general tab left click delete in the browsing history section - another box will open - dlete whatever parts you like or simply delete all - hopefully your laptop will speed up a bit.

hi sam,

whenever you access an internet page your computer will save that page so that the next time you visit the same page it will load up quicker - it is important to delete these ever so often (I do mine about once every week or two) as these files begin to clog up your computer and will slow it down.

to delete your temporary internet files if you use internet explorer - (not sure if it is the same for Mozilla) left click start - at the top will be internet explorer - right click this - and left click internet properties - a box will open with tabs - on the general tab left click delete in the browsing history section - another box will open - dlete whatever parts you like or simply delete all - hopefully your laptop will speed up a bit.

Thank you, I shall translate that to the Doris, seems straight forward enough!

Am I correct in thinking (so a mate said), that I can clean and defrag via my control panel on my lap-top?

Will all this help me get quicker lap times when I get back as well :thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..