modeling help

stig727

im buildin a car following nick m's guide.

i have mirrored the car and when i go to weld the verts down the middle i get a box saying "no vertices within weld threshold" this is with 0.05 in the box where it says weld like nick m's guide says. am i meant to get the message above or do i have to change something?

im buildin a car following nick m's guide.

i have mirrored the car and when i go to weld the verts down the middle i get a box saying "no vertices within weld threshold" this is with 0.05 in the box where it says weld like nick m's guide says. am i meant to get the message above or do i have to change something?

try clicking Collapse rather than weld, it does the same thing but make sure that you dont select a vert on the other sid eof the car or you will end up folding it up

does that mean that i have to select the two that want welding two at a time?

Well aye, i dont ever collapse or weld more than 2 at a time, takes longer but least its getting done right

Yep either that or make the thresh hold bigger. Your getting that message because the vertex are too further apart than the 0.005 measurement you put in. (or at least thats my understanding of it) So just make the number high, try 0.010 for eg

Or just do as Andy said which is the method i use. The target welding is also a good method

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..