rFactor Gears Annoyance

Vixtro

This isn't a huge problem but one that is slightly hindering my rFactor enjoyment and my ability clear out the way of other drivers quickly if I spin out/crash etc.

The problem is that I use an Xbox 360 controller and to shift gears I use 2 buttons just like I do in the Heat mods which works fine for them. The problem with rFactor is that if I want to shift it into reverse, I have to shift it in to neutral first, the same applies if I want to get into 1st gear, I have to shift it into neutral again first. It's like some sort of stupid substitute for a clutch since auto clutch is on.

Is there anyway to shift between reverse and the 1st gear without having to go into neutral?

Thats how it is for everyone. I use a steering wheel with the flappy paddle things and you have to go into nuetral before you can get either first or reverse.

If you want reverse the best thing to do is just hammer the button cos you can go any lower than reverse, i do the same for first hammer it down then click it up twice to get first

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..