1st skin attempt help

bobbert325

Hi there i have tried to paint a skin this evening (or morning as it is now) nut still cant get the detail of the car to show through. Most annoying indeed as i've tried to follow a couple of guides on here.

Any help on this would be greatly received.

Many thanks bobbert325

P.s. I know it's not a skin we can use on here but i made a boo boo when selecting the file to paint (cries of muppet ring round) but could someone also let me know the drivers text for the trummy estate please?

Many kind thanks

Cheers guys. I'll take a look at your guide when i get a min dode thanks and i tried to follow your guide stig but i must be some kind of super idiot as i still managed to not do it right but i'll keep trying.

Many thanks to you both.

Cheers guys. I'll take a look at your guide when i get a min dode thanks and i tried to follow your guide stig but i must be some kind of super idiot as i still managed to not do it right but i'll keep trying.

Many thanks to you both.

maybe not depends on wether your using paintshop pro or photoshop. my guide was writen for paintshop pro 9.

Right i managed to do a skin at last but it rather ropey but i'm still learning. Comments please and also where can i find fonts and decals to add to it rather than the default ones ine the programe?

Many thanks to all those who've tried to help me so far.

post-7251-1232953715.jpg

certainly an improvement, but the "bobbert" on the volvos passenger side looks a bit blured try resizing the template and experimenting. aldo make two or three layers with the same sign (just different colours) anduse the eraser to rub the top layer or layers out and you will get a multicoloured sign.

If i were you i would find somebody nice enough to help you with getting a better programme to paint the skins in. Not sure if the Corel i used is the same as the one your using but if it is, then oh dear lol

i've used corel/psp10 m8, its not bad tbh, they kept more of psp in it :)

re: free fonts too Bobbert, i can recommend dafont, its all free, lots to choose from, well categorized and it has a 'custom preview' feature where you can type in what you want and then see it in the fonts in their lists. To install the font, download it to your desktop and then unzip to a new folder. Once you can see the font properly (you'll see a file with a TT on it if it's a true type font), select 'move this file' and then send it to your windows/fonts folder. You should see a dialogue box that says the font is being installed, don't worry, this is normal but i find that a more effective way of transferring the font than copy/pasting :thumbs_up:

oh and say goodbye to your social life if you start enjoying it ;) haha

good luck m8.........wrighy

Many kind thanks for the advice and links to the fonts. I'm really starting to get into this now and really enjoying it so as you say wrighty there goes what little social life i had and probs the wife n kid too lol. I stuck another one up in the renders section but not sure that is the place to be putting them? should i keep updating this thread instead?

Many many thanks

Bobbert325

P.S. still on the hunt for some decals if anyone knows where i can download some?

I'm getting too addicted now, just look at the god damn time... My latest one to roll out of my paint shop. Comments as always please. Looks better in game i think.

post-7251-1233553571.jpg

Edited by bobbert325

the numbers look like gradiants and inner glow to me stig play about wiv the iner glow and u get sum good airbrushed affect looking signs

munch assuming you painted on an overlay layer above the body .. you can then merge your signs onto that overlay layer above the body which will then show the lines through the signs .. hope this helps

Edited by jamie c

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..