Rfactor F1 Newsletter - Issue 1 - Feb/March 2009

Johno3

Hello Guys,

Here is the first release of the Rfactor F1 Newsletter.

There will be a newsletter released at the end of each grading period, mainly releasing the new grades for the league. This newsletter will also appear on Allstox.

Included in this issue is the following:

- Major announcement regarding the implementation of a National Series

- Major announcement regarding an increased number of Rfactor meetings

- Information about some of the rule changes that are set to take place

- A full fixture list

- Initial information about the skin pack release.

I do hope that you enjoy reading it. We have decided to publish it in the PDF format so that it is available to more people, as this is a free piece of software. Also we feel it presents a bit better, and there are no compatibilty issues.

Please feel free to make comments on any aspect of the newsletter.

Cheers

Johno

(on behalf of the F1 Admin Team)

Newsletter_main.pdf

Edited by Johno3

Excellent stuff! I missed the magazine last year so its good to see it back in the form of the newsletter!

Looks like it will be an excellent season, you guys have really mixed it up this year! The National Series sounds great and the average format sounds very interesting! Really looking forward to it now!

Keep up the good work!

Very informative letter and well presented. However i am very very disapointed to see that the double formats are going to take place on a more regualr basis through the season. Once again there will be no reason to race for those weeks when you can only do one or the other leaving no chance of getting into the final.

Very informative letter and well presented. However i am very very disapointed to see that the double formats are going to take place on a more regualr basis through the season. Once again there will be no reason to race for those weeks when you can only do one or the other leaving no chance of getting into the final.

Can you expand on this a bit please. There are 50 meetings this season and you can race every single one of them if you wish so there is no reason why you can't try to get into every final each meeting. Not sure what else you mean.

Can you expand on this a bit please. There are 50 meetings this season and you can race every single one of them if you wish so there is no reason why you can't try to get into every final each meeting. Not sure what else you mean.

There are some meetings being held which are 'Double headers' across wednesday and thursday. Currently and i really wish this situation will change in time but i cannot be online both wednesday and thursday, i have to choose one or the other. Therefore if i choose to race wednesday and i quialify for the final on thursday then i will not be able ot race it. However if i irace jsut thursday the chances are i wont score enough points to make the final for the thursday due to everyone else scoring extra points on the wednesday. Therefore it makes it rather pointless racing on either day other than just racing for racing's sake. Hope that makes it a bit clearer?

And i know that not everyone can have it their own way and get what they want ect, but i did suggest it in the thread after it happened with the eruo's last season and i thought it was greeted with a positive response. Just seems such a shame to have to miss out on meetings that otherwise i would have the chance to qualify for the main even so to speak, but be left without a choice due to circumstances. I havent worded that very well and it doesent reflect what im trying to say very well either, but im not the best at explaining.

We did discuss your point at the admin meeting, but decided that we would stick to more traditional real life things.

I think the reason why Kev got a little confused is because he thinks that you think that every Wednesday meeting counts towards Thursday racing, and this is not the case.

There are only 2 Wednesday meetings that have any effect on Thursdays, and that is the Wednesday Skegness before the UK Open, and the Wednesday before the European, but both championship meetings give you other ways to qualify for the final, or championship on the Thursday.

In terms of the UK Open, only the two heats on the Wednesday count towards the UK Open championhship grid. The final and the Grand National are stand alone races. Each driver then gets a further 3 heat races on the Thursday to either improve on their grid slot, or indeed qualify for the championship race. Even if you should not qualify for the Championship race, you will still have 3 heats races, and still have a meeting final, before the championship race itself takes place.

In terms of the European, the other way to qualify is to make sure that you are in the top 14 of the National Points chart before the European double header. If you fail to make the European Championship race, then there is still a full meeting programme on the Thursday (2 heats, final and Grand National)

We feel i the case of both Championships that the option is there to qualify through different methods. Sure, one of those methods maybe closed of for you, but the other methods maybeclosed off to others - do you see what I mean?

All the other 4 Wednesday meetings have no bearing on the Thursday meeting. They are just stand alone meetings to add a little variety and spice. Some carry National Series points, some don't.

I think it is important that we dont go stale and just go through the motions so to speak. We need to try and keep things fresh and keep things interesting. The European double header is not a new addition to the calendar, and as been in place for 3 years already now, and last year was the first time it was falgged up. Despite it being flagged up, the Wednesday meeting got one of the highest attendances of the season.

I fully understand that you will be disappointed, but people miss meetings for a multitude of reasons. Marten was the unluckiest guy last year, as he booked his place on row 2 of the World final, and then couldnt racebecause of the real life World Final (following the passion that the high percentage of us follow). People have missed their semi finals because of holidays and what not. I myself have to miss a few meetings this season, due to one reason or another. Unfortunately, this is part of racing as well.

I apologise for the in depth explanation now.... and hope you still awake to read the full thing!! :rofl: This hopefully explains the reasoningbehind it, but by all means ask further questions if you so wish.

Cheers

Johno

Edit: Just to bore poor Allstar even further (I am sorry sir!!), the reason why we cant run a qualification race for the European Championship is because we have to run a Heat meeting later on that evening. The European Championship race is an extra race on top of the meeting, and a qualification race would be yet another. We could always start the Thursday meeting at 7:30pm, but this has also caused a lot of people problems in the past.

The only thing we can do is try to warn you as far in advance as possible, so that perhaps you could sort something out down the line. Just bare in mind that you can still qualify for both championships, using other routes.

Edited by Johno3

Cheers for the explanation Johno, and now you have exaplained everything it doesent seem as bad as the impression I was under from my understanding of the events in the news letter, so not only a thankyou but also an apology.

Heres to a good new season :thumbs_up:

No need to apologise - if you unsure, its always best to ask!!

Cheers

Johno

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..