Format and Starting Proceedure

Johno3

Hello guys,

Here is the upcoming double header which starts tomorrow.

First of all, the all important format for the two days:

WEDNESDAY NIGHT

F1 Heat 1 (F1’s to remain in the server after the race)

F1 Heat 2

Hot Rods Heat 1 (Rods to remain in the server after the race)

Hot Rods Heat 2

F1 Final

Hot Rods Heat 3 (Rods to remain in the server after the race)

Hot Rods Heat 4

F1 Grand National

HOT RODS BRITISH DRIVERS CHAMPIONSHIP

THURSDAY NIGHT

Hot Rods Heat 1

F1 Heat 1 (F1’s to remain in the server after the race)

F1 Heat 2 (F1’s to remain in the server after the race)

F1 Heat 3 *If required

Hot Rods Heat 2

F1 Final

Hot Rods Heat 3

F1 Grand National

Hot Rods Final

F1 Winter Series Shootout

WEDNESDAY NIGHT

F1’s will race in the server 2 (ending .91). Whilst I would encourage you all to give the Hot Rods a go on one of their biggest nights of the year, the server will be open for you to go in and practice during the Hot Rod races.

Hot Rods will race in server 1 (ending .90). Whilst I would encourage you to race the F1’s, the server will remain open for practice during the F1 races.

THURSDAY NIGHT

In terms of the servers, it will be the same for both.

F1’s will only have 2 heats per driver (rather than the scheduled 3 for the winter series) due to the fact that there is a big extra race at the end of the night, over 25 racing laps.

The grid for the Winter Series Shootout will be calculated after the Grand National whilst the Hot Rods have their final. I would appreciate it greatly if you could book in ASAP for Thursday night, so that I can adjust my spreadsheet accordingly.

In terms of the Winter Series Shootout, a maximum of 26 drivers will be allowed on the grid, and it will be calculated in points order based on the final points chart.

F1 STARTING INFORMATION FOR THE DOUBLE HEADER

After the announcement regarding the rules changes for the start of the races, it was decided that the double header will be the place to trial the new starting positions.

The map shows where the grades will start.

post-189-1233695683.jpg

When the computer gives you control of the car, you need to do the following:

- Drive the car past the start line (do not go to your position without doing this – this means there is no need to reverse).

- Use this lap to find you place on the grid. If you are a white, this means driving round carefully for 1 full lap – superstars, you just need to do half a lap after passing the start line.

- The normal routine will then kick in......”Are you ready?”........ “Roll at 20mph”...........

- Drivers are to roll round for a full lap. “Gooooooooooooooo” will be called when the whites exit turn 4.

- All starts will be watched at the end of the meeting, and anyone judge to have been exceeding the speed limit on the rolling lap will be docked 2 places.

FINALLY, I DO HOPE THAT YOU ALL HAVE A GOOD EVENING.

Bookings for the F1’s Wednesday meeting are being done on the UK Dirt Website. Bookings for the Thursday are on the relevant thread on the Rfactor F1 Forum.

Bookings for the Hot Rods Wednesday meeting are being done on the UK Dirt Website. Bookings for the Thursday are on the relevant thread on the Rfactor Hot Rod Forum.

Cheers

Johno

Edited by Johno3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..