New Laptop

Spud133

Lo all, After a slight half asleep accident this morning, I knocked a drink over my laptop and the people at the computer shop said it would be terminal. So therefore I need help to decide which laptop I should get. I believe I have about £350 after claiming from the insurance. Could anyone advise me on which one to get as I am no good with this type of thing. I would want to be able to play both Heat and rFactor, and if i could, Race Driver Grid and Colin McRae Dirt. (But I do not have to play the last two)

Any help muchly apprichated.

Edited by Spud133

http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/Toshiba_Sat...on.asp?PID=1051

Would anyone say this is recomended or what?

IMHO

IF you want to play rFactor i would go for a desktop pc as you need good graphics card and not realy the onbord type ok i might get shot down here for saying that as some do use onbord BUT if you want to see what rFactor is like you need to have something that is NOT sharing the ram of your pc/laptop..

i have

# Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T5270

# (1.5 GHz, 800 MHz FSB, 2 MB L2 cache)

# 1 GB Ram

# 80 GB Hard Drive, 5400 rpm

# DVD±RW (+R double layer) / DVD-RAM

# 15.4" TFT 1280 x 800 ( WXGA )

# Intel GMA X3100 Graphics

# Microsoft Windows Vista

and rFactor is very slow and get like 15fps when im in test mode (with no other cars on track)

something like this would be ok and just get yourself a PCIE grpahics card to go in it desktop pc

please note this is just my opion im not saying GO GET IT! hope it helps

TADS

http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/Toshiba_Sat...on.asp?PID=1051

Would anyone say this is recomended or what?

IMHO

IF you want to play rFactor i would go for a desktop pc as you need good graphics card and not realy the onbord type ok i might get shot down here for saying that as some do use onbord BUT if you want to see what rFactor is like you need to have something that is NOT sharing the ram of your pc/laptop..

i have

# Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T5270

# (1.5 GHz, 800 MHz FSB, 2 MB L2 cache)

# 1 GB Ram

# 80 GB Hard Drive, 5400 rpm

# DVD±RW (+R double layer) / DVD-RAM

# 15.4" TFT 1280 x 800 ( WXGA )

# Intel GMA X3100 Graphics

# Microsoft Windows Vista

and rFactor is very slow and get like 15fps when im in test mode (with no other cars on track)

something like this would be ok and just get yourself a PCIE grpahics card to go in it desktop pc

please note this is just my opion im not saying GO GET IT! hope it helps

TADS

Would love to, but, I don't have the room and as i'm claiming off the insurabce, i wouldn't be able to do it.

Turns out i have about £430 as we got something else when i bought it :thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..