What games did you use to play as a kid??

davey boy

How could I forget 3D Stock Cars, had it on the C64 and it was mega, drifitng my Mini looking thing round the tracks. Used to get to play all the games as when we got started with the business the main things we sold were C64, Speccy and CPC464 games so just took the ones home I wanted to try. Used ones for £1.25 each, trade em back in for 50p. Nearly 20 years later and we still do the same business, just the games look slightly (!) better these days lol.

Run The Gauntlet was good (as was the Tv show!) when you could get it to load, you had about 5 different races to do and then the assault course, 9 times out of 10 it would freeze during the 5 minute loading time for the last level!

Good days!!! Many a school holiday wasted from getting up in the morning til going to bed playing a mammoth session of Grand Prix Sim with Stu!

Others I have fond memories of are on the Atari 2600 - Pole Position, Q-Bert & Tutankahmun.

C64... Go Go The Ghost, International Speedway, Talledega, Grand Prix Sim 1 & 2, Kickstart 1 & 2, View To A Kill, Friday The 13th (that was scary when I was little lol), Visions snooker & the cracking Ghostbusters and thought it was mega when you pressed the space bar in the song it said "Ghostbusters!" lol, Powerdrift etc

SNES.... Mario Kart pure class game as 2 player and plenty of tournaments with Stu again in the summer hols.

Remember buying in our first Atari ST and was blown away by the graphics on Tommi Makkinen Rally and even the windscreen wipers worked!! Stunt car challenge was good as well.

Now owned a video game shop for the last 17 years after starting selling games to mates in the playground and then boot sales and cant beleive that the only game I play these days is the bangers on here?! Altho I am doing Prof Layton on my daughters DS atm but it aint the same........

Happy days and would gladly go back to the summer hols and the GPS tournies!!

Other games i can remember playing for the megadrive were Bomberman which i thought at the time was one hell of a game, still do to this day and also use to always play on the games called Wonderboy which i really enjoyed playing.

one of the best games i loved playing that was non motorsport which is the only games i normaly play was

sensible world of soccer my god i played that for hours and hours for a couple of years the good thing was

it was a football managers game but you could also take control of the team. Cowdenbeath were champions

of europe for years hahaha

It's amazing how when these games were the newest thing out they were the nuts, but when you look back at them now the graphics, sounds and game play were just terrible! I used to spend every day after school round my grandads house playing his amstrad computer, a few great games he had on there but i cant remember what they were called :(

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..