ipswich rc banger club

rossco

can any one help me i have got an rc banger free of a m8 we both raced ipswich oval race club for a few meeting

then i sold my car and we stoped going i wana get back in to it but my car is in a state and i dont the web site for the club any more

and no destrutions with car to get in running again any one no what day to go down on or what the web site is as i will need some avdvise to get

the car reddy to weck again

many thanks ross

can any one help me i have got an rc banger free of a m8 we both raced ipswich oval race club for a few meeting

then i sold my car and we stoped going i wana get back in to it but my car is in a state and i dont the web site for the club any more

and no destrutions with car to get in running again any one no what day to go down on or what the web site is as i will need some avdvise to get

the car reddy to weck again

many thanks ross

try ebay for spare part as i just got myesf a mardave v12.

as for clubs go to the MARDAVE website and click on the clubs tab.

Mardave have some downloadable instructions as well on the site.

• 2 weeks later...

I used to race at the Ipswich club bloody good laugh then i got offered good money for my gear so i sold up but im going to take my boy back one thursday as hes never been , if you need to know anything about the club m8 let me know as i work with Jason who runs the club with Gruff

wow brings back some memories that car lol. i used to race the hotrods back in 2001 with the mardave. short oval hotrods and the johnstone f2.

then i started the 1/10th scale touring cars soon after that as numbers died of death. the touring cars took over from the 1/10th buggys which i first started them in 1992.

i was sponsord with losi (helger) racing in london for 5 great years before having to give up the hobby when i moved into my first house and winning the scottish B.R.C.A in 2005.(pics below)

i soon gave up in march 2006 when i came 5th in the scottish indoor gp after having won that title 3 times in a row from 2002. new cars and new technology put a nail in the coffin as i couldnt afford to keep buying the latest gear after moving in.

speed controllers.cells.motors.new kits at 300 quid with optional hop-ups. soon added up to just shy off under a grand just to start of a new season.(probably could have run an f2 on what i was spending lol)

would love to go back the hobby one day. but now i believe its mostly mardaves with electronic speed controls instead of the mechanical one you have in your car which tbh are pretty rank. they also run brushless motors in them now.

heres a few of pics from the hayday i found on cd. the green car being the indoor car and the other pics are from another 2 cars for outdoor season. the green car is a losi xxxs and the other 2 were a losi jrxs and corally rdx which helger orderd to run that car even though it wasnt a losi. the pic of myself and the 2 others is at the scottish igp in 2002, the guy in the left of me is alan o brien (korizan)

ahh the memories. :rolleyes:

post-1117-1241035162.jpg

post-1117-1241035178.jpg

post-1117-1241035196.jpg

post-1117-1241035214.jpg

post-1117-1241035233.jpg

post-1117-1241035260.jpg

post-1117-1241035280.jpg

post-1117-1241035302.jpg

thanks for all the help now back on track and Aussie it was me that had your car off you then i have other hobbies and had sold it on ebay wish i keped it now was a good car my new one is dog poo lol

lol sorry m8 didnt reconize the nickname

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a pic of my nearly finished banger for Leven Model Race Car Club in a week or so. Spent the time prepping it putting the arches in etc to make it stronger and a nice paint job to set it off nicely. will hopefully come back in a few bits lol.

ta

post-103-1243960456.jpg

Here's my moggy shell, signwriten by Sam Signs :thumbs_up:, then it got jacked up at full chat and got a few scratches and scuffs. Nice and strong :thumbs_up:. Painted up a new mk1 green and red like my dads colours will upload pics when I get ut signwriten :thumbup::thumbs_up:

post-5899-1243961864.jpg

post-5899-1243962224.jpg

Edited by Spud133

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..