R Factor Problem ?!?

simon902

Firstly, I'm Backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Secondly, I can't get R-Factor to work?!? Re-Installed it, and opened it once, and it worked, but the aul graphics video setting doo da thing wasnt set right, so I closed it and thought 'Aye i'll do that sometime like....' went to open it again last nite and all that appears is the graphics config box, so I set it, click to open the game, but the graphics box opens again.

Its just one big circle where I click open game, graphics box appears, set it, open game, graphics box appears, set it, open game, graphics box appears, set it, open game, graphics box appears, set it, open game, graphics box appears, set it, open game, graphics box appears, set it, open game, graphics box appears, set it, open game etc etc, what I'd rather to happen would be, open game, set graphics, and play the game, but, that hasn't happened.....

Prob is quite an Idiot proof problem like, but, unfortunally, A can't get around it....

The Comp should be fit to run it, because I run R-factor on it before (hmm, thats prob about 16months ago right enough), all I've changed from then was upgrading from Vista to Windies 7(yeoooo had to include the accent)

Cheers, hope someone has a bit of an idea, cause its for sure, I dont!

Firstly, I'm Backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Secondly, I can't get R-Factor to work?!? Re-Installed it, and opened it once, and it worked, but the aul graphics video setting doo da thing wasnt set right, so I closed it and thought 'Aye i'll do that sometime like....' went to open it again last nite and all that appears is the graphics config box, so I set it, click to open the game, but the graphics box opens again.

Its just one big circle where I click open game, graphics box appears, set it, open game, graphics box appears, set it, open game, graphics box appears, set it, open game, graphics box appears, set it, open game, graphics box appears, set it, open game, graphics box appears, set it, open game, graphics box appears, set it, open game etc etc, what I'd rather to happen would be, open game, set graphics, and play the game, but, that hasn't happened.....

Prob is quite an Idiot proof problem like, but, unfortunally, A can't get around it....

The Comp should be fit to run it, because I run R-factor on it before (hmm, thats prob about 16months ago right enough), all I've changed from then was upgrading from Vista to Windies 7(yeoooo had to include the accent)

Cheers, hope someone has a bit of an idea, cause its for sure, I dont!

what setting did you change between first try and this loop problem occuring please? it obv doesn't like something in the config that you've set so it might be worth trying to change that setting back to how it was originally and try it to see if it works again. I did read somewhere that you can remove the config.ini and then redo your settings to create a new one - would windows 7 be restricting the config.ini saving your amended settings?

oh and welcome back :)

Cheers

Tried various settings, first thing I changed was the screen RES cause it was at 800x600, which looked pish cause my screen is ment to be 1280x800(think thats the one, widescreen neways), though any time I went back to default, it didnt work, which has annoyed me, was all set to get right back into the swing of things.....

The Hotrod game btw, I've got the one of the UKDirt site, is there a version anywhere online that has the RL Skins in it?

Cheers Boss, will try and delete this file, see if it makes a total FILTERED up, or fixes it lol

oh and welcome back :)

Cheers

Tried various settings, first thing I changed was the screen RES cause it was at 800x600, which looked pish cause my screen is ment to be 1280x800(think thats the one, widescreen neways), though any time I went back to default, it didnt work, which has annoyed me, was all set to get right back into the swing of things.....

The Hotrod game btw, I've got the one of the UKDirt site, is there a version anywhere online that has the RL Skins in it?

Cheers Boss, will try and delete this file, see if it makes a total FILTERED up, or fixes it lol

Aye, still no Joy, thats a tadddddd annoying now :@

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling mate thats worth a shot :thumbs_up:

Sorta only want to try that as a last resort, how many times can you use the activation code? Think i've used mine 3 times already...

Spent all evening manually futerin with that config.ini file, and got the RFactor config reconsing my manual changes, but still, the game wont go anyfurther than that screen, just keeps loading it, opening the config, goes 2 load, then back to config, so haven't actually got the game opened yet!!?!?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..