Trojan's

bobbert325

Hi there, i have trojans in my laptop and i am not sure how to get rid of them?

The trojan name is TrojanHorseSHeur2.CFKX according to avg free edition but it cant remove them.

Can i get a free bit of kit that will remove the pesky little blighter?

Many thanks

Bobbert

Hi there, i have trojans in my laptop and i am not sure how to get rid of them?

The trojan name is TrojanHorseSHeur2.CFKX according to avg free edition but it cant remove them.

Can i get a free bit of kit that will remove the pesky little blighter?

Many thanks

Bobbert

i've had a quick look about via google and, while i can't find a tool to remove it directly, most of the advice seems to be just to reboot your pc in safe mode and then run through a full virus scan after you've removed internet history, temp files and cookies. You'll need a decent working knowledge of the pc however, as there's some registry cleanup to do which always requires care to ensure you don't remove anything that Windows relies on (you'll need HijackThis and/or CCleaner for this).

This thread details a successful removal of Sheur2

......and be careful where you're browsing in future ;)

The main thing is to work in safe mode while you're doing all this, to ensure the dodgy exe (Gadmon is it?) isn't running, otherwise it replicates itself elsewhere in the system as soon as you remove it. This does look like a nasty one so be warned, you need a decent working knowledge of how to do things like registry edits......if you don't have this, find someone who does

Good luck......wrighty

Thanks for the replys chaps. I really dont know enough to do it myself so will have to get it done else where which sucks eggs big time.

Will i be allowed to try and race still tomorrow in bangers with the trojan?

I got the bleeding thing when a mate (so called mate now) said yea thats the link i got my nero programme from, click that one, then BAM!!! GAME OVER

Comp still works but i get random adverts for gambling pop up in new internet explorer windows, weird. I use google chrome not internet explorer.

Comp still works but i get random adverts for gambling pop up in new internet explorer windows, weird. I use google chrome not internet explorer.

i got that exact problem at the moment, gambling sites keep poping up on firefox :S scaned with malwarebytes and it hasn't picked up anything

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..