Vista Problems!

Knobby

Hi,

hoping some one can help me - im loosing patience lol

First off, does any one know what im doing wrong...... I have a vista laptop, it has 2007 Microsoft Home and Student on. I use Excel to use the RM Banger sheets. I could use them fine until a week ago, Now i cant edit anything in excel. It asked me for the Microsoft Product code...Thats no problem its on the sticker underneath! But it doesn't work? Its the pukka code and I've not reformatted or anything! Any one have any ideas or ways around it!?

secondly. My replay folder doesnt seem to exist in the the Hasbro folder, but i have replays accessible through the game. Grr!

Knobby

Hi,

hoping some one can help me - im loosing patience lol

First off, does any one know what im doing wrong...... I have a vista laptop, it has 2007 Microsoft Home and Student on. I use Excel to use the RM Banger sheets. I could use them fine until a week ago, Now i cant edit anything in excel. It asked me for the Microsoft Product code...Thats no problem its on the sticker underneath! But it doesn't work? Its the pukka code and I've not reformatted or anything! Any one have any ideas or ways around it!?

secondly. My replay folder doesnt seem to exist in the the Hasbro folder, but i have replays accessible through the game. Grr!

Knobby

The code on the bottom of the laptop is most likely for your windows vista software only. The code for microsoft office will be on the cd wallets or box that the microsoft office cd's are in. Assuming you have the back up discs originally supplied with the laptop then look on those.

Worst case find anyone else with any version of microsoft office 2007 as all office software can be installed on up to 3 machines (microsoft restrict this right to machines in the same house) - ie the activation code used 3 seperate times - but obviously only ask people you live with....

one more thing, download and run Magical Jellybean Keyfinder - it's perfectly safe to use, i've attached it to this reply, it should give you your office 2007 key oh and you have a pm ;)

keyfinder.2.0.1.zip

To view your replay folder I think you need to click on 'View Compatibility Files'.

Its usually in the toolbar at the top but i'm sure a google search will confirm where it is. I've had to do this in Vista and Windows 7 to view my set-up folder and replay folders before after wondering where the feck they were!

pop up a screenie of the error scott, spud it's not the game causing problems, Knobby's getting an Excel activation problem i think. Scott do the other programs like Word and outlook work? If so then try repairing excel only from your disc. the office 2007 repair suit is quite good, if you don't have the disc i can probably send you one or borrow any office 2007 disc.

Edited by xTx

• 5 weeks later...
To view your replay folder I think you need to click on 'View Compatibility Files'.

Its usually in the toolbar at the top but i'm sure a google search will confirm where it is. I've had to do this in Vista and Windows 7 to view my set-up folder and replay folders before after wondering where the feck they were!

Spot on,its such a pain! The 'View Compatibility Files' tab is on the top bar of the open ukdirtbangers / tnbangers window on vista

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..