rfactor track loading problem ??

mo927

i have a problem with a couple of tracks not loading on my game, knockhill, barford and nutts corner ! when i choose any of these tracks to race on it will go to the loading screen then cut off and go back to my desk top, and sometimes an error message appears with reguards to grass textures or global material ??

any suggestions on a fix ????

thanks

Edited by mo927

• 1 month later...
Use DX9 and put texture detail to full :thumbs_up:

went through the config and tried that mate ?? :-(

anyone ?????

ok firstly check that your rfactor config is still set to DX9 (i know mine used to lose its settings occasionally) - the texture detail is an in-game setting, so start your game and when you have the car on the spinner go to settings (between player and car select), then into display, and set the track detail to full - it sounds like some textures aren't loading because that's not set to full.

If the problem persists, when the game locks (which should be during track loading screen) press ALT+TAB keys and it should return you to desktop - then click the rfactor icon in your bottom taskbar and the error box should come up - write that down and confirm specifically what textures are causing the problem please.

thnx

anyone ?????

ok firstly check that your rfactor config is still set to DX9 (i know mine used to lose its settings occasionally) - the texture detail is an in-game setting, so start your game and when you have the car on the spinner go to settings (between player and car select), then into display, and set the track detail to full - it sounds like some textures aren't loading because that's not set to full.

If the problem persists, when the game locks (which should be during track loading screen) press ALT+TAB keys and it should return you to desktop - then click the rfactor icon in your bottom taskbar and the error box should come up - write that down and confirm specifically what textures are causing the problem please.

thnx

thanks for ur help wrighty, much appreciated !!

the error message that appears in the box is

(in blue) gmotor error

loading error texture grass_004 for material dstg21_0

also

global material dstg21_0

anyone ?????

thnx

thanks for ur help wrighty, much appreciated !!

the error message that appears in the box is

(in blue) gmotor error

loading error texture grass_004 for material dstg21_0

also

global material dstg21_0

Nps Mo, i'll have a look in the Barford mas file tonight and check that the named textures are included - you have a fuller explanation on Ftooz via PM :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..