rFactor on Windows 7

Mav

Having now managed to get rFactor up and running and ran a whole meeting at Wimbledon, I set about installing F2's for mondays meeting at Coventry.

All installed ok, and it loads the game ok - problem comes when I try and create a new user "Mav_641" - the game just crashes and goes to desktop. The game will then not run at all.

Once I delete the Mav_641 folder which houses the Mav_641.plr, the game runs fine again.

Is this a windows 7 thing or is it an administration setting or what??

Most people have the same name/number for F1's and F2's so wouldnt be a problem for them, but has anyone else had a problem??

Edited by Mav

Having now managed to get rFactor up and running and ran a whole meeting at Wimbledon, I set about installing F2's for mondays meeting at Coventry.

All installed ok, and it loads the game ok - problem comes when I try and create a new user "Mav_641" - the game just crashes and goes to desktop. The game will then not run at all.

Once I delete the Mav_641 folder which houses the Mav_641.plr, the game runs fine again.

Is this a windows 7 thing or is it an administration setting or what??

Most people have the same name/number for F1's and F2's so wouldnt be a problem for them, but has anyone else had a problem??

dont create a new user Mav.

go into the user data click your folder with your name to go into it.

edit your plr file, i swap between Tosh-8, Tosh-164 Tosh-874.

once you edit it come out and edit the folder name to the same number.

jobs a good un. will load up in the correct name/number etc.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..