38 pts 315 mike

34 pts 3 johno

32 pts 1 tomd

29 pts 8 tosh

22 pts 527 fasttrack

17 pts 363 walker

13 pts 172 spike jnr

11 pts 221 spike

The meeting also featured two Thursday Night Thunder races - with Mav Jnr (285) having solved his technical problem just in the nick of time to take part.

Thursday Night Thunder Results:

TNT Race 1: 1, 262, 137, 8, 315, 221, 363, 527, 172, 285 (dnf 3)

TNT Race 2: 137, 3, 8, 315, 262, 363, 1, 172, 527, 221 (dnf 285)

Thursday Night Thunder points scored:

21 points.....MoR (137)

17pts..........Tom D (1)

17pts..........Harmen (262)

17pts..........Tosh (8)

15pts..........Mike (315)

11pts..........Walker (363)

10pts..........Johno (3)

8pts............Spike (221)

7pts............Fasttrack (527)

7pts............Spike Jnr (172)

2pts............Mav Jnr (285)

Edited by Corny 391

Thanks to Spike and Corny for the meeting tonight.

There may not have been many cars at all, but the racing was simply out of this world tonight. Good fair battles all the way around the track which produced some sensational racing.

It is of course easier to say after winning the final, but the racing in all races was hard but fair.

Superb night guys - well done to all involved!!!

Cheers

Johno

Thanks to Spike for running the meeting and Corny for stewarding.

It was very disapointing to see the numbers so low last night, but I'm sorry to say that I think the ball was dropped on this one - I wonder how many people actually knew it was a 2011 WQR as it's not on the fixture list, there was no pre-meeting 'reminder' post and I'm sorry, but a 2 week old post that has dropped down the forum doesn't quite cut it. I was equally miffed to have missed the Tarmac Masters last week - I might have managed to put my foot down and get home in time (I only missed the start by 10-15 minutes!), and take my fairly good place on this grid for this, but there was no reference of this being ran until the day of the meeting. I'm sorry to say it, but with the league struggling numbers wise, I can't help but feel bit more effort needs to be made to get people booked in!

Anyway, negatives aside, as is generally the case on this low-turnout meetings, the racing was fantastic, challenging and a good laugh. Every now and then you have a meeting where someone is a real pain in your side - I was Tosh's last night (sorry mate!) and Spike was mine! The success of each race for me seemed to pivot around whether or not I managed to get past Spike safely..... fantastic stuff, and good to see Spike getting stuck in and looking much more confident in the F1s. Had some other top races with Mike, Tom, Tosh, Walker and Harmen over the night too. Well done to Johno on winning the final!

Enjoyed the TNT races again, with some great banter, and a great 'hit-every-bend' battle with Mike in the first one.

Should be out next week work permitting, so see you then!

MoR

I'm sorry to say it, but with the league struggling numbers wise, I can't help but feel bit more effort needs to be made to get people booked in!

I participated in some UKDirt F1 and F2 meetings.

In my opinion racing was undisciplined and without any respect to other drivers (especially newcomers). Although I could get some good points but it were not good meetings.

Sorry that I have to say but I rather spend my time with my wife or watch TV or racing in another league instead of getting bad mood.

Don´t know if this racing style is a special UKDirt problem ?

Whether it also looks at other mods or meetings I do not know so please do not get me wrong.

I would like to be convinced of the contrary and take part on more meetings in future when time allows.

Greetings from Germany

Peppi

I'm sorry to say it, but with the league struggling numbers wise, I can't help but feel bit more effort needs to be made to get people booked in!

In my opinion racing was undisciplined and without any respect to other drivers (especially newcomers). Although I could get some good points but it were not good meetings.

Sorry that I have to say but I rather spend my time with my wife or watch TV or racing in another league instead of getting bad mood.

Whether it also looks at other mods or meetings I do not know so please do not get me wrong.

I would like to be convinced of the contrary and take part on more meetings in future when time allows.

Greetings from Germany

Peppi

Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your UKDirt experience so far Peppi, but imho, I think the racing has been fantastic in most of the meetings I've competed in this year, especially when people turn up in the right mindset, perfectly demonstrated by last nights meeting. I hope you get the time to join us again in future meetings and hopefully get a better impression next time.

Looking forward to the GNC next week :thumbup:

Greetings from Germany

Peppi

your sounding a tad harsh there i think peppi. the racing has always been hard on newcomers to the leugue, whilst your new to the scene, other racers dont know or understand how you race, this isnt your fault its just it takes time for the people around you to adopt to your driving and for you to adopt to theirs.

most that have raced in ukdirt for a few years, do all know how we all like to race each otheri think. it was difficult for me when i started the league back in 2006, bumpers were flying, i dnf,d a few good times to the result of this till i understood what was going on with others and earnt the respect, got the good old fencing for no reason that sort of thing.

its your own personal style if you enjoy it or not, make it your own etc. you seem to go ok in saloons, i dont know about f1s or 2s. their different styles of driving for each mod. maybe you learn this and stick with it.

on the plus side i thought kings lynn was majestic last night, what a great nights racing even although MoR spun me 3 times. but theres no grudges hold MoR :thumbs_up: , thats pure and simple stockcars last night mistakes happen and you know when its meant or not so ill let you off lol.

i would have liked the tnt races to be at night and this maybe sorted for future meetings on the server side. we know kev is on holiday so no complaints on the new guys filling in.

i think everyone will agree also have to add the GN, where mav jnr was parked at turns 3&4, and the big train trying to pocket shot each car into the parked one lmao. that was mental

these races at the end are brilliant and add that relaxed but more racing feel to the night. roll on more tnt races.

thanks for the meeting.

Greetings from Germany

Peppi

your sounding a tad harsh there i think peppi. the racing has always been hard on newcomers to the leugue, whilst your new to the scene, other racers dont know or understand how you race, this isnt your fault its just it takes time for the people around you to adopt to your driving and for you to adopt to theirs.

most that have raced in ukdirt for a few years, do all know how we all like to race each otheri think. it was difficult for me when i started the league back in 2006, bumpers were flying, i dnf,d a few good times to the result of this till i understood what was going on with others and earnt the respect, got the good old fencing for no reason that sort of thing.

its your own personal style if you enjoy it or not, make it your own etc. you seem to go ok in saloons, i dont know about f1s or 2s. their different styles of driving for each mod. maybe you learn this and stick with it.

on the plus side i thought kings lynn was majestic last night, what a great nights racing even although MoR spun me 3 times. but theres no grudges hold MoR :thumbs_up: , thats pure and simple stockcars last night mistakes happen and you know when its meant or not so ill let you off lol.

i would have liked the tnt races to be at night and this maybe sorted for future meetings on the server side. we know kev is on holiday so no complaints on the new guys filling in.

i think everyone will agree also have to add the GN, where mav jnr was parked at turns 3&4, and the big train trying to pocket shot each car into the parked one lmao. that was mental

these races at the end are brilliant and add that relaxed but more racing feel to the night. roll on more tnt races.

thanks for the meeting.

I did not want to sound harsh but rather represent my experience here tosh ;)

Perhaps other drivers (espacially newcomers) may think the same and have not write it down here because they are too cowardly ?!

And then perhaps portrayed as "soft egg" (as we say in german) if they say something here.

I just wanted to point out what might be one cause of few booking.

I agree with you that espacially F1 & F2 are strange to handle at the beginning. But that´s not what I wanted to say.

When my laptimes are bad, I let the faster guys pass on inside (like at the beginning of my real life racing) and try to follow them to learn etc.

But there are some drivers who don´t pass but even ruin everybodys race with big hits into the wall or fence. (do they do in real life ?)

I can remember that in the rulebook is a word named fairness ?!?

I would not make a big thing out of it only a note where some of you should think about.

HARD BUT FAIR, that´s what it should be because it´s fun not war ^^

Hope to see you soon on track ...

Greetings from Germany.

Peppi

(If I could only say all of this in German LOL)

Hello Peppi,

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience here. I am not sure that I can talk about F2's much, although I am racing tonight and have really enjoyed the tarmac meetings, but I do feel qualifed to talk about F1s.

I think you need to give it another try. You raced your 1 F1 meeting at the British Championship. That meeting is always on the knife-edge due to the fact that literally every result on the night counts towards the final grid. They other thing that I dont think will have helped you is that if I remember on the night, there were about 4 novice cars. When your racing, in the heat of the moment, al novice cars look the same, so if one has given you a bad night, then you tend to make sure you get rid of them all, as in that split second, they look the same.

So basically, I would urge you to give it another go. There have been no novice skins in recent weeks, so therefore it would be probably be just you and thus we will know exactly who you are. We can also then see the way you drive and see what kind of driver you are. I know it seems harsh to say that, but in a race you dont have time to try and work out who the novice car is, where as when you have your own skin, you know exactly who they are and thus how you need to deal with them.

Come and race with me - I am very soft and hardly hit anything (although the current gold top may think differently but he beats me all the time anyway :rofl:)

Just thought I would help out a little more before I go racing and put up the current National Points Shootout Scores on. I have tweaked my score Spike as I did not take the handicap so scored 2 points less.

Front

Murf (109)

FastTrack (132)

Johno (139)

Dazza (144)

Mike (183)

TomD (193)

Back

Cheers

Johno

Just to confirm, the points posted above from the meeting are correct with the exception of Johno who's points should be 2 less as he didn't take the lap handicap in the GN.

The cumulative points after 7 Thursday Night Thunder Series meetings are:

Name .. Points

Tom D (1) .. 107

Mike (315) .. 85

Tosh (8) .. 82

Johno (3) .. 71

MoR (137) .. 66

fast track (527) .. 65

Harmen (262) .. 61

Dazza (290) .. 56

Corny (391) .. 48

DanSkin (236) .. 39

Murf (561) .. 34

matthewb (413) .. 30

Aub (188) .. 27

walker (363) .. 25

LeeK (39) .. 23

Drumbstick (41) .. 20

spikejnr (172) .. 20

Spike (221) .. 19

davey boy (380) .. 14

Skeet (31) .. 8

Mav_Jnr (285) .. 7

Dave (488) .. 7

southy (21) .. 4

Jarry (164) .. 2

Lars (553) .. 2

Harold (599) .. 2

Zero: Shawty (119) , Kruiz (136)

The points scored by white, yellow & blue grade drivers, using the multiplication system [white x 2.0, yellow x 1.5, blue x 1.0] and excluding those drivers who are in the top 2 places in the overall points chart are:

Name .. Points

Harmen (262) .. 61.0

Corny (391) .. 48.0

Tosh (8) .. 42.0

DanSkin (236) .. 39.0

spikejnr (172) .. 30.0

LeeK (39) .. 23.0

Spike (221) .. 22.5

Mav_Jnr (285) .. 14.0

Skeet (31) .. 12.0

Dave (488) .. 7.0

southy (21) .. 4.0

Harold (599) .. 4.0

Jarry (164) .. 3.0

Zero: Shawty (119) , Kruiz (136)

There is a slight correction to the shootout points posted by Johno but not the positions. The cumulative points scored by the shootout drivers are (listed in their starting positions for the next round):

Name .. Points

[FRONT OF GRID]

Murf (561) .. 113

fast track (527) .. 132

Johno (3) .. 139

Dazza (290) .. 144

Mike (315) .. 183

Tom D (1) .. 193

[bACK OF GRID]

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..