Warp!

Knobby

Hi chaps......

Got a strange one! Its doing my head in...

I've been using my laptop to race online for about 15 months...I've never had any problems... Wireless...Im With Sky

Last Tuesday racing bangers, I started warping, So i Ran Ad-aware,Ccleaner,End it all, then plugged the laptop into the router... Still warping.... I Gave up and thought its just a 1 off..

Today, I ran End it all, Ad-aware, Ccleaner, Malwarebytes, Spy bot, Done the TCP Optimizer thats on the Ukdirt website too....

Done a speed test on wireless, then connected straight to the router.. And my wireless speed is quicker than when its wired in....Thats not right! - And either way its still warping...

Is there any thing else I can do?

Any help would be awesome - im hanging the keyboard up if nothing else works

Knobby

Test your laptop on some one elses wireless / wired connection.

Or test someones elses laptop on your connection.

This should identify wheather its your laptop being pooey or your router having issues.

If its your router call sky and moan!

If its your laptop then try reinstalling ukdirt, check you have it all still set as admin etc.

Most likely though its your router having a breakdown.

Last thing i just thought of is its the first cold snap this last couple of weeks, it could be affecting you phone line, look for corrosion on the line outside, again that'll be a sky / bt issue

Edited by xTx

have you tried bt phone line test i had a problem similar to this was telling me i had a gd speed and everything, turned out it was a fault on the line nothing to do with my broadband. was a fault on the line which made the broadband speed stutter which unless i was running a vid on utube or playing a game online didnt show up when normal browsing.

Similar problem here freejohn, the phone line was corroded, bt changed it problem solved. Also have you condsidered your graphics card may be playing up? Try disabling it in control panel / display adaptors or seeing if their is a driver update for it? The laptop should still run ukdirt fine with the graphics disabled.

Cheers xtx

I've not tried using another laptop or router yet, but when im watching a video on youtube, the video stutters ( sound doesn't, just the visual) Would this be related to my game problems?

Sounds like a video/graphics problem then.

I'll try disabling it tonight and see how it goes...

Also what are your Power settings on Knobby? Make sure they are on High Performance and not on any battery saving power schemes. It dont matter if you are using a charger you still need to make sure its on High Performance.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..