THURS 25TH NOV: 10 Year Anniversary Meeting - Birmingham

Johno3

post-189-1289856248.jpg

Hello All,

I just want to post a slightly early warning about the UK DIRT F1 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL MEETING.

General Admin have given permission for anyone who has raced UK DIRT F1 in the last 10 years (who are not currently banned) to take part in the meeting. If you know anyone that would like to take part in the meeting, then please get in touch with them on our behalf or suggest their names so I can speak to them.

We really want to try and make this an epic meeting, similar to the Heat F1 meeting that we pulled off just over a year ago. In order to do this, we need you support and help to track down some of the drivers from yester-year.

There will be a skinpack for this meeting, so don’t worry if you don’t currently have a skin in the league packs.

If you have any queries, feel free to reply to this PM, contact a member of the F1 Admin Team or myself, as I will be helping out.

Cheers

Johno

Just to get the taste buds going for this meeting early on...... I have just recieved a pm asking for information from a 2xNational Points Champion and multi-time British Champion.

I also have heard rumours that a former World and National Points Champion will also be making an outing.

Get yourselves booked in guys.

Cheers

Johno

Tomorrow night sees the running of the last meeting of the 2010 season and also the last meeting of the 10th season of UKDirt F1 online racing.

At the start of this season the admin team decided that to help celebrate this feat it would be good to run a series of special races at this meeting. Points have been scored in a unique way during every race this season and the idea is to separate the top 44 drivers into two semi final races in the same way that the World Championship semi finals are done. The top eleven from each race would then compete in the Tin Top Finale. These races along with the traditional Champion of Champions race would be wrapped around a normal meeting.

However due to the low turnouts this may not be possible and so the meeting format will most likely change and only be decided on the night once the full booking list has been established. It is worth pointing out that PM's have been sent to many people advising them of the meeting and asking if they wish to race. The general admin team have given their blessing to the meeting to the extent that anyone who has previously raced an F1 meeting in the last ten years will be entitled to race at this meeting only, even without paying their fees.

IF ANYONE FALLS INTO THAT CATEGORY THEN PLEASE PM ME FOR A BOOKING, or if you know of anyone who would like to race then please let them know about this meeting.

If enough people book in to race for there to be meaningful semi final races then the format will be:

Tin Top Semi Final 1 (16 laps in point scoring order - non point scoring)

Tin Top Semi Final 2 (16 laps in point scoring order - non point scoring)

2 heats per driver

Consolation (if required)

Grand Final

Allcomers race

Tin Top Finale (20 laps in semi final finishing order - pole position decided by highest finishing semi final winner in Grand Final - top 22 available drivers - non point scoring)

Champion of Champions race (open to all Grand Final winners during 2010 - 20 laps - non point scoring)

As it stands at the moment there are 16 drivers booked to race. With that many drivers I envisage the possible meeting format to be:

Tin Top Finale (20 laps in point scoring order - non point scoring)

3 heats per driver

Grand Final

Allcomers race

Champion of Champions race

The top 22 drivers who have qualified for the Tin Top Finale are (in points order): 221, 262, 527, 391, 39, 3, 1, 164, 8, 561, 172, 315, 31, 290, 515, 365, 236, 525, 107, 413, 363 & 137. If anyone in that list fails to race reserves will be added and everyone who has raced during the 2010 season will have qualified and so will be eligible to race.

The Champion of Champions race is open to anyone who has won a Grand Final during 2010. The race will include the winner of this meeting's Grand Final if they haven't already qualified. The qualifiers are: 3, 315, 1, 561, 39, 527, 137, 8, 365, 290, 380, 31, 164, 413, 363, 221, 488, 531, 188, 390, 48, 126 & 323

Depending on the number of drivers and time constraints I may decide to run some races based on the drivers grade (as we did at the final meeting of the 2008 season) and restrict the number of point scoring heats to two per driver. In this case the possible meeting format will be:

Whites & Yellows race (non point scoring)

Blues, Reds & Superstars race (non point scoring)

2 heats per driver

Tin Top Finale

Grand Final

Allcomers race

Trust Fund Final (non point scoring - grid based on results from 1st two races)

Champion of Champions race

Either way the meeting format will be decided on the night but whatever the format there will be plenty of races for everyone and I will aim for an approximate 22:15 finish.

Good little write up Kev - and numbers are increasing slowly.

Let's try and make sure that this is a superb meeting.

I was going to try and get a server up at the end of the saloon meeting, but I am afraid I wont be around. Perhaps the second server could go up as one person queried with me about possible practise.

Cheers

Johno

I was going to try and get a server up at the end of the saloon meeting, but I am afraid I wont be around. Perhaps the second server could go up as one person queried with me about possible practise.

Cheers

Johno

Well at the moment there is neither as we have been having server problems all week where some people get access them and the majority cant so we are yet to find a solution to the problem and whether it will be sorted by tomorrow is another matter aswell.

Cheers

Johno

Well at the moment there is neither as we have been having server problems all week where some people get access them and the majority cant so we are yet to find a solution to the problem and whether it will be sorted by tomorrow is another matter aswell.

O dear - sorry to hear that. I had no idea.

Johno

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..