Scunthorpe Setup

blymn130

Can anyone help me out with some setup ideas for scunthorpe, I don't want a setup on a plate and I realise everone drives differently, but I just cant seem to get it to go

round.

My car seems to be very pushy going in and tries to spin round on me coming out, and I'm more off the pace than usual!

Im basing my setup on the one in the setup guide on this site (somewhere).

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Ben

In the same boat as alot of us!!! I can't do Scunthorpe very well either.

My practice will be prior to the meeting tomorrow night, so i'll see what setup I have and pass it over then.

My advice for Scunthorpe is "Slower is Faster" - ie don't try and go hurtling into the bends.

Drive slow round the track, then after a few laps, squirt the throttle out of the bends, getting faster by a small bit each time.

Eventually you will know how fast you can go before you spin. Therefore stay within that range. Lap times shouldnt be too bad then.

There is a dip towards the starters rostrom which if you hit it wrong you will spin - practice avoiding it!!!

Have fun!!

Thanks for your reply Mav, I will just run a load of laps before the meeting tomorrow then. Been trying to drive it like the real formula ones did- sideways virtually all the way round! So i will try your slower is faster approach and see what I can make up from that.

Heat and final and 3rd in the national will do me, im not greedy :blink:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..