SKINPACK: End of Grading Period 4

MoR137

Hello,

The 4th grading period for the UKDirt F1 2011 season ended at the European Championship last week (07/07) so it's time for a new skinpack. The new grades will be announced shortly.

Existing Drivers

If you wish to change chassis or paintjob, this is your chance to do it, but please do so in accordance to the skin rules on the UKDirt website.

New Drivers

Welcome! Driver's racing their first UKDirtF1 meetings are invited to upload skins if they wish, but there plenty of variations to choose from if you want to use a novice skin (see the 'skins' tab when selecting your car in rFactor). For new skins:

• You need to upload a shale car and a tarmac car.
  • On each car, you need to paint skins with all 4 grade colours: white, yellow, blue and red.
  • Zip up the files in a ZIP file and upload them via the Skin Upload Facility in the members section of the UKDirt website. If you have any issues, you can attach them to a post on this thread or PM them to me.
  • If you drive in another formula and this is your F1 debut, or you have raced at other online racing leagues (e.g. Simstox), please get in touch with me so I can pass the info onto the admin team.
  • Any questions, just ask and I'll try to get back to you ASAP.

IMPORTANT - DRIVERS USING NOVICE SKINS

In recent weeks, there's been a high number of novice skins out on track - it's great to see lots of new drivers out there, but those who raced a novice skin last grading period should look to get skins uploaded into this pack. Driver's who miss multiple opportunities to upload skins will be penalised and will start behind the superstars. Below is a rough list of driver's who used novice skins since the last full skinpack - those marked as * will be starting from behind the s/s if skins are not received.

• 115 green *
  • 560 dodge *
  • 126 Leech
  • 231 Si
  • 185 Pickworth
  • 249 Stoxjack
  • 122 craigcharles

DEADLINE FOR SKINS: 10:00PM WEDNESDAY 20TH JULY 2011.

Thanks,

MoR

Skins:

115 green

122 Craig

126 Leech

130 Blymn (Shale)

137 MoR (Tarmac)

231 Simon

249 Stoxjack

277 Southy (Shale)

292 Marco

300 Matty

380 DaveyBoy

527 Fasttrack

560 James

Edited by MoR137

Did you get my Shale skin Craig?

No, the only I found on the upload tool was the tarmac one.

uploaded my shale an tarmac assume it went in right place

Thanks Craig. Unfortunately, all I got was the tarmac ones. It looks as if the site's upload tool renames all zip files to carXXX.zip (XXX being your registered number), so uploading two separate zip files means the second one will overwrite the first one. This explains what happened to Davey too.

Can you re-upload your shale skin for me please Craig?

Also, for anybody using the upload tool, please bundle all skins in one zip.

Thanks,

MoR

uploaded my shale an tarmac assume it went in right place

Thanks Craig. Unfortunately, all I got was the tarmac ones. It looks as if the site's upload tool renames all zip files to carXXX.zip (XXX being your registered number), so uploading two separate zip files means the second one will overwrite the first one. This explains what happened to Davey too.

Can you re-upload your shale skin for me please Craig?

Also, for anybody using the upload tool, please bundle all skins in one zip.

Thanks,

MoR

You would be 100% correct, the website upload tool does rename each file uploaded to carxxx.zip so if you upload 2 files then only the second one will be there so it is best to upload both Shale and Tarmac skins in 1 zip file.

You would be 100% correct, the website upload tool does rename each file uploaded to carxxx.zip so if you upload 2 files then only the second one will be there so it is best to upload both Shale and Tarmac skins in 1 zip file.

Thanks for confirming that LeeK.

Craig - just got your shale skin, thanks mate!

Edited by MoR137

can you use my skins from last year please?

Yep no problem :)

Just uploaded my skins (tarmac and shale), hope you have recieved them.

Cheers Marco

Yep, those have been added, thanks mate.

cobley has done my tarmac and shale skins and sent thm u got thm?

Nope nothing has come through I'm afraid - can you send them via PM please to ensure they make it? Thanks :)

Si - your skins uploaded fine and have been added.

MoR

he said he sent thm to corny391. cound u ask if he got thm?

Ok, but they really should've been sent to me or the upload tool. I've managed to contact Corny and unfortunately he doesn't have them.

I will be making the skinpack at 10pm tonight - by this time you'll have had 28 hours extra past the deadline to get them to me, which is a lot more than I would usually ever give. If you do miss out, I'm afraid you will be starting being the Superstars until the next skinpack at the end of the grading period.

Please send the skins directly to me via PM.

cobleys on holiday and he has me skins and i dont no how to make thm so ok i will start at bk.

Ok.

10pm is the only free time I've got tonight, so skin uploads will stay open until then. It's only fair everybody else should get the extra time you were going to get.

MoR

Green - just checked the upload tool before making the pack and DaveyBoy has kindly mocked up some simple skins for you, so you can race from your grade now ;) If you want to upload your proper ones next time around, just send them in.

Thanks Davey..... :)

MoR

PS - Sorting the pack now, so uploads now closed.

Edited by MoR137