Put a skin into rfactor??

Frosbie400

OK so I spent hours messing about in photoshop with a grasstrack skin template I downloaded from facebook.

Saved as D3D/DDS etc... then as DXT1 RGB 4 bpp | no alpha using the nvidea plugin.

I only seem to have a dds file all the other skins in the rfactor folder have a 1kb veh file, where is this created and is this why I can't see my skin in rfactor?

What have I done wrong?

Trev

The grasstrack skins need saving in DXT5 if I remember correctly (might be info about it on the UKSOM website) and you need to have a .veh with your dds file so that the game can load the skin. Copy one from another driver, open with notepad, change the first line to the same as your dds name, change driver any details and number then name it the same as your dds. Save as 'all file types' with the extension .veh.

If you are still unsure about something just ask.

UKSOM/paint

Edited by bristolstokie

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..