UKDirt F1 2013 Rule Changes

DanSkin

UKDirt F1 2013 Rule Changes

Hi folks!

For 2013 we have masterminded some rule changes, and had a general tidy up of the rules page itself. I would ask everybody who plans to race this season to read and follow the rules - it will take 10 minutes of your time and should be nice and clear.

One of the big changes, in my opinion, is an amendment to the meeting point scoring system... After moving to a three heat format for 2012, I was left with the impression that a final win had been devalued (as it became possible to score nearly as many points with good heat performances). As a result, and after much negotiation we have tweaked the point scoring in meeting finals.

There are also some other smaller tweaks to the point scoring system to reflect the number of cars racing, and the relative difficulty/merit of certain races. This is a big change for the league, and has not been taken lightly.

As discussed in the fixtures post, there have been some changes to championship formats and again a lot of this is clarified in the rules. There are no major changes in this area.

The disciplinary section has also seen a tidy up, and I will reiterate my simple mantra, “if you don’t do anything wrong, then you won’t get in trouble”!

The last significant change for anybody getting ready for the 2013 season is around skins and skin painting. Specifically that roof grades should be obvious, and numbers should be easily visible from both sides of the car (and rear if a rollcage mounted number board is available). Honestly, stuff like this should go without saying, but it is now listed as well.

So… Please read and follow the rules the rules, and please let me know if something is not clear or erroneous.

Thanks

DanSkin

(on behalf of F1 Admin Team)