help

Guest defoenracing

Guest defoenracing

Hello i'm new here,

I want to try to make a nice skin for myself and then join the online leauge.

But i've got a little problem, i never made a skin before and i can't download the right photoshop program and the dds plugin from the site.

my system is running on windows 7. can somebody help me to download the programs and help me to start painting the skin?

i'm a mechanic of the H57 Jan Heijsteeg (old hoffmans shale car build by tom harris) and want to paint this car...

i would love someone to help me out a little.

regards joshua

post-185935-1414407432.jpg

post-185935-1414407491.jpg

Creating a skin is not a simple task, it takes alot of time for them to come out nice and most often they dont come out the way you planned. Any photoshop version will work as for the .dds plugin i dont have a link sorry. Creating a replica is very time consuming as its alot of trial and error if u dont know what fonts are used and decals etc. Once you have gotten a similar font and colouring you have to worry about the placement, you have to line everything up and if a sign goes onto the bonnet, you have to line it corresponding to the half that is on the side panel. Once you have the skin done you need to create a .VEH file which containt the correct information regarding your chassis choice and what you named the skins. You need to remember to do all roof grades to race online and have your number clearly shown on the wing/roof fin.

Guest defoenracing

oke thank you for your reaction i really appreciate it!

i know it will be hard but i want to give it a try. does anyone know a photoshop program which is mostly used? or does someone have a link to the program you are used to download from the ukdirt website?

many thanks to everyone who wants to help me out a little!

You can usually get a 30 day trial version of the latest version of Photoshop off Adobe website. I bought a cheap copy of photoshop 2(think they are on version 6 now) off ebay and that does the job for me. As Ben says making skins is not easy unless you know exactly what you are doing. I've been doing my own skins for 2 seasons now and still learning new things everytime I do one.

Guest defoenracing

I've started painting but now i can't save the things i've done. It says it is because of it's only read document. Sorry if it isn't the right translation...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..