importing .dat files into 3dmax ?

Fasternie

What are the .dat files from, Carmageddon?

yes nick

My memory is very sketchy about carmageddon as it's been a while since I did any modelling for it but if you haven't already got it download Plaything2 from one of the carma sites, that will alow you to open .dat files, I can't remember whether it allows you to export .3ds files though and if it does it may not export the mapping with it. I have all of my carma2 stuff on cd somewhere so if you get stuck give me a shout and I'll try to search it out.

My memory is very sketchy about carmageddon as it's been a while since I did any modelling for it but if you haven't already got it download Plaything2 from one of the carma sites, that will alow you to open .dat files, I can't remember whether it allows you to export .3ds files though and if it does it may not export the mapping with it. I have all of my carma2 stuff on cd somewhere so if you get stuck give me a shout and I'll try to search it out.

Nick thanx for the help so far ...

Yes I can open the .dat in plaything2 .....

But I cant export it as 3ds or .max file ..... shrug.gif

If it will take you too much hassle to sort it, dont worry 

But any help appreciated thumbs_up.gif

Cheers,

Frank

PS Im trying to make a render of a new mercedes ambulance bangermodel made for SOD by a guy overhere in Holland

He created the model in CAD program (cared) maybe i should ask him for the cad file?  shrug.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..