paint shop pro query

swerve

hi. im using paint shop pro 7 , i have managed to do some skins now. when i finished a skin i merge all the layers and flatten and then say as tga file which i then change to tex file for putting into game. the question now is. if i notice problem with car once i see it in game. i go back to psp7 and open the tga file. but where the layers are now merged. when i open the pallete pulldown, i cant change any colours of body panels as the panels are not shown in list. all it says is background. is there a way to ummerge the layers so i can sort my problem back on the templete. hope this makes sense.

regards

swerve

hi. im using paint shop pro 7 , i have managed to do some skins now. when i finished a skin i merge all the layers and flatten and then say as tga file which i then change to tex file for putting into game. the question now is. if i notice problem with car once i see it in game. i go back to psp7 and open the tga file. but where the layers are now merged. when i open the pallete pulldown, i cant change any colours of body panels as the panels are not shown in list. all it says is background. is there a way to ummerge the layers so i can sort my problem back on the templete. hope this makes sense.

regards

swerve

No you can't.

regards

swerve

No you can't.

thats a shame. so means have to restart. i forgot to delete the labels. :banghead2:

Edited by swerve

One thing you might be able to do is select the area where the 'labels' are showing, and use a smudge tool on a low opacity and bland the colour over the top of the label.

That may take some time but I think its possible

cheers m8

Just save the template before you merge everything down. Save it as psp file (i think it does that automaticly when you save it). If you see problems in game, go back to paintshop and open the saved template. Then you can change what's wrong, save it again unflattened and then merge it down. That's how i do it.

Edited by Dennis Jacobs

Just save the template before you merge everything down. Save it as psp file (i think it does that automaticly when you save it). If you see problems in game, go back to paintshop and open the saved template. Then you can change what's wrong, save it again unflattened and then merge it down. That's how i do it.

Top bloke. thanks for that

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..