Are you using a laptop to play.

swerve

HI.

im looking to buy a cheap laptop off ebay to install nascar heat and them ukdirt patches. i was hoping some of you out there are also using a laptop. i don't want to spend alot. i just need enough spec (older models) to run the game and 1 or 2x usb ports for my broadband connection and controller

can you give me some laptop brands and names/ models number etc that you are using. so then i know this game will run on them laptops and i can look around to buy a cheap one.

hope a few of you can help. give me a bit of choice.

i do have a pc, but its in the babys room and i cant really play late nights and we got know where else to put it., atleast i can then boot up a laptop and continue to play

thank you

Edited by swerve

I have an Advent 7017 (PCWorld), it's ok for playing Ukdirt Bangers but it struggles a bit with the higher poly F1's if you have a decent number of cars visible, I'd say it's about the minimum spec you are gonna get away with really especially the video card, here's the spec...

CPU Intel Pentium 4 3.06 GHz (Northwood)

Memory 512 MB DDR SODIMM

Screen 15" TFT (Native Res.1024x768)

Video Card ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 64MB DDR

Sound Card SiS 7012 audio chipset

Netword Card SiS 900 integrated fast ethernet

Hope that helps.

I have an Advent 7017 (PCWorld), it's ok for playing Ukdirt Bangers but it struggles a bit with the higher poly F1's if you have a decent number of cars visible, I'd say it's about the minimum spec you are gonna get away with really especially the video card, here's the spec...

CPU Intel Pentium 4 3.06 GHz (Northwood)

Memory 512 MB DDR SODIMM

Screen 15" TFT (Native Res.1024x768)

Video Card ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 64MB DDR

Sound Card SiS 7012 audio chipset

Netword Card SiS 900 integrated fast ethernet

Hope that helps.

I have also got one which is similar to that which bangers runs fine on, never tried any other forumla on it though!

One piece of advice though, Laptops arent particulary good with Service pack 2 and a Wireless connection for racing online, after a while the whole game just seems to go in a ''slow mode'', but you mention you need USB ports so i take it your a sensible person and dont have Wireless :rofl:

If you are looking for brand new machines mate maybe try this link

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/nbranges.html

I have used a basic spec one of these, and for the money i was quite impressed with it, boots up and shuts down quickly, and also quite good spec, maybe worth looking in to!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..