Adding skins & Other Stuff

S-C337

PB-525 kindly made my two f1's & then put them for upload va a zip file and sent me these instructions of how to get them in the game.............

The files in the zip file cannot be opened by any program. Only the game can read them. When you unzip the zip file, use the browse button, to tell the files to goto directory C:\Program Files\Hasbro Interactive\NASCAR Heat\ukdirtf1

Once the two carxxx.tex files are in that directory they are in the game and ready to use. (leave "show me the files" ticked and that will help you with the next bit)

You have to do one more job in order to actually use them for yourself and thats to add them to your drivers tex file. If you left the tick in the box on winzip, skip to the bit "drivers file". If Using explore (right click on start) goto the directory above and find the "drivers" file. Open it (right click on the file name "open with" and choose notepad then copy and paste the entries below in between two entries that are already there ie between "end" and "table...."

table Driver

number 937

name Steve C (Shale)

chassis briscans

rank 1

race_image 100

body_style ccar

end

table Driver

number 337

name Steve C (Tarmac)

chassis fwjt

rank 1

race_image 100

body_style ccar

end

Copy and paste = highlight the above and right click - choose "Copy". Goto the notepad file "Drivers" click in the space after "End" (you should see the cursor flashing) then whilst over that cursor, right click and choose "paste". They should appear before you. Choose "file" (top left) and choose save. Once saved close it all down and go into the F1 game and when you goto the drivers list you should see the above names in the list. Choose one and proceed to a track and happy racing !!!!

The problem is I cant even see the 'browse' button that he mentiones in the first paragraph? Is there any other way to do it (as simply explained as poss please)

I was also sent a set up to add to a track & was told to find the NASCAR Heat files then tracks and add it to them, but I can't see 'tracks' listed?

Thanks

another way of doing it is this....

click start,then click my computer,then double click C drive,open program files,look for hasbro interactive,then nascar heat and open it up,now open your F1 folder,now look for your drivers.txt then paste in what you were sent by PB.

As for the setup,same as above,open the F1 folder and look for folder called setups,look for the track name you wish to put setup into. hope this helps

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..