bonebuster?

Nemesis239

Yes steve m8, im doing it, im only 16 but it might be my 1st banger meeting.. Im taking a Volvo 44o or a Ford Orion, and im doing unders.. All i need is for sum 1 to help me build the banger?

Cheerz Sashjag_332

Yes steve m8, im doing it, im only 16 but it might be my 1st banger meeting.. Im taking a Volvo 44o or a Ford Orion, and im doing unders.. All i need is for sum 1 to help me build the banger?

Cheerz Sashjag_332

I notice u live in plymouth, hmmmmm do u no scotty ? scottys haulage? hes the only person to do wid bangers that i no round that area , or colin jarvis? soz m8 thats all i no :shrug:

I am hoping to do it depending on if i can find a car and will be most probaly doing the unders,

What are you doing steve unders or overs? and is brett and gus comming down aswell to race?

Cheers Si

Edited by Si_231

I am hoping to do it depending on if i can find a car and will be most probaly doing the unders,

What are you doing steve unders or overs? and is brett and gus comming down aswell to race?

Cheers Si

Im gonna do unders and overs ,got a old crown and a raced bluey. should b ok though! me dad and brett r doin it ye should b a good laugh :thumbup:

Guest Trash

As an aside, this meeting has to have the worst and most ill thought out title in history, and after some of the titles Banger Racing has, thats saying something.

Yes, I know it's the Boneshaker and Blockbuster combined.....but Bonebuster?????????

So if I pay to get in and no one breaks their leg, can I demand a refund? Why not the Blockbreaker? It's still a pathetic name but at least it doesn't have any nasty connotations.

Disclaimer: I wont be there to pay....nor do I want to see anyone hurt in anyway....just using it as an example!

As an aside, this meeting has to have the worst and most ill thought out title in history, and after some of the titles Banger Racing has, thats saying something.

Yes, I know it's the Boneshaker and Blockbuster combined.....but Bonebuster?????????

So if I pay to get in and no one breaks their leg, can I demand a refund? Why not the Blockbreaker? It's still a pathetic name but at least it doesn't have any nasty connotations.

Disclaimer: I wont be there to pay....nor do I want to see anyone hurt in anyway....just using it as an example!

Well said Trash.. couldn't agree more

I agree aswell, Bone Buster,,,,, not really what you wanna associate with Banger Racing,

plus Bone Buster sounds too Amercian lol

I agree aswell, Bone Buster,,,,, not really what you wanna associate with Banger Racing,

plus Bone Buster sounds too Amercian lol

Well if you actually go to the track, you will see an american theme park right next to it, the track was based on the theme park, thus making it American..

Sashjag_332

Guest Trash

Your having a laugh aint ya?? So Bonebuster is a purely American theme?

Yeah right, my wife is American and I am yet to hear her say Bonebuster once, let alone on a daily basis!!

Maybe if the promoters tried to come up with their own original name, they could think of somthing quite unique.

Heres my attempt " The rip off of a well known large unders and seperate overs meeting combined on the same day, copied from a promotion based not a million miles away, South West Open Banger Championships "?

Kinda catchy dont ya think.

They may have to make the race program cover slightly larger just so they can get the title on it though! :blink:

Yes you are right, But i do think that there will be a huge turn out of cars at Bonebusta. Every year i always go to watch blockbuster, but as im 16 i thought i would actually race this year.

Sashjag 332

Sad to see that this is going to happen again this year, what a shame the two protaganists can't sort out their differences as although St Columb imho is much better for bangers all the top drivers will be at The Blockbuster meeting at St Day. :banghead2:

And you're spot on Stu what an Awful name for A banger meet :shrug:

Sad to see that this is going to happen again this year, what a shame the two protaganists can't sort out their differences as although St Columb imho is much better for bangers all the top drivers will be at The Blockbuster meeting at St Day. :banghead2:

I have to agree entirely, St Column has to be THE top South West track to race at, from both a driver and spectators point of view.

You can throw as much infield infill and white paint as you want at St Day, but at the end of the day, its still a sh#te hole.

I cant honestly ever see Westworld or Autospeed burying the hatchet, and kissing and making up, which is a real shame, as between them and Bristol they could put on some pretty impresive interpromos like the old days of St Day v Autospeed v Bristol.

Clashing meet dates is just pure stupidity!

Maybe if the promoters tried to come up with their own original name, they could think of somthing quite unique.

Heres my attempt " The rip off of a well known large unders and seperate overs meeting combined on the same day, copied from a promotion based not a million miles away, South West Open Banger Championships "?

So how is it a rip off from some were else? So does that mean nobody else can have a Unlimited meeting just because such and such do A UNLIMITED meeting???? you best tell arena ect they cant have a world final just because some 1 else does

So how is it a rip off from some were else? So does that mean nobody else can have a Unlimited meeting just because such and such do A UNLIMITED meeting???? you best tell arena ect they cant have a world final just because some 1 else does

All said, tounge in cheek mate. :thumbup: I just think its pretty bad for all concerned, especialy the good of the sport, when two promotions running as close together as these two do, have a disagreement/falling out/chuck their toys out of the pram with each other or whatever you want to call it.

Like I said, I think St Columb/Westworld is a FILTERED hot track for both drivers and spectators, its a real shame that the two S/W promotions cant sort their differences and concentrate on making the S/W banger scene the sucsess that it could be with a combined effort.

The sport has enough track closures/Insurance /Health and safety issues, with out promotions being at each others throats as well.

I believe westworld did go to autospeed and ask if they could work together, and was told were to go(this was at the start of last season). Westworld kept the blockbuster last year on the same date as it has always been, at the same track, just a different promoter, autospeed put on the blockbusta, on the same day at st day. This year westworld are keeping the same date as they have always had, but just combined the unders and overs. Tryin something different. :scared15:

A thread simular to this has been on ovalchat many times, which has just turned into a slaggin match, (mainly from the one side)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..