There's only one Gerry

Flyinsi

This will be my last big post for a bit as my webspace is getting a bit full and I've got shed loads of stuff to sort through but this has to be my favourite clip so far. It's a 22 minute piece all about the big Fella himself Gerry Marshall and features the awesome "Baby Bertha" which I just love. The in-car sound of this beast has to heard to be believed. For those of you that don't know Gerry Marshall was a legendary club racer in Britain who in his career won over 620 races in all sorts of different disciplines. Sadly Gerry died at the wheel but as the below quote suggests he was a pro right up until the very last.

"Gerald (Gerry) Dallas Royston MARSHALL, died suddenly of a heart related illness whilst testing at Silverstone on 21st April 2005. He remained in full control of the car."

RIP Gerry, gone but never forgotten :cry:

IPB Image

IPB Image

right click to d/l

lovely stuff Si as always (although the download died a death here with abominable 2k transfer rate, i'll try again later). I can remember watching 'the car racing' (i was only 7 or 8 if that) with my dad and he's pointing at the screen shouting while Gerry Marshall's absolutely chucking a DTV vauxhall about (i think it was actually Baby bertha but this is 30ish years ago lol).....anyone who liked racing liked watching Gerry Marshall :)

the first link is a decent technical description of the car (but any article about a racing car that labels it 'ferocious' gives you an idea of how it behaved....) but the second really struck me, one man's story about the Great Man.

best wishes Si, you made me do it :)

Check out those stats

The other one

:king:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..