Speedway returns to Plymouth

Flyinsi

I wasnt to happy when i read the planning permition form on the lamp post next to comet, it would of been much better if they built a race circuit for bangers and other formulas, that would of attracted alot more people to come down to wach,every time i was on my way home from school i could see them building it, it isnt in the best place to put a speedway, i used to train football down there and i know for a fact that it is hell to park down there, but on a brighter note, i might go down and have a sneak peak at it.

332_Sashchav

Im very happy to see a speedway track in the south west again as sadly about 2 years ago the St Austell Track was closed and Exeter Track being closed down last season, Me and my old man used to go to the St Austell Track most weeks on a tuesday night and often went away to watch speedway which was costly,

So i will hopefully go to plymouth most weeks (Work Depending)

Cheers Simon

so did you go last night flyinsi and what was it like i see plymouth won there first match at home bet it was packed to?? was going to go but had to do something yesterday afternoon so would of been late hope to get down and have a look later on in the year

Im not to sure about the parking aspect there, but from what I saw of the track on TV yesterday, it wouldnt take much apart from some post and wire round the outside, and you could race bangers round there.

Not being from Plymouth, is the track located just off/under the first flyover as you come into Plymouth from the Exeter direction?

Im not to sure about the parking aspect there, but from what I saw of the track on TV yesterday, it wouldnt take much apart from some post and wire round the outside, and you could race bangers round there.

Not being from Plymouth, is the track located just off/under the first flyover as you come into Plymouth from the Exeter direction?

Yes it is, so you can get a sneak peak of it on the way down, but mind you, its next to the sewage factory so it will smell big time, and parking is fine, there is a huge car park right next to it at sainsburrs and at BnQ over the road.

For starters it doesn't smell :shrug: and the racing was great Trav all went down to the last heat with all the heats being pretty close on a tight track, all the riders put on a good display and there was a crowd of 3000+ so looks promising if they can keep those sort of numbers up. The Parking was not an issue either as the park and ride carpark is a short walk from the track. Well worth a trip down imho.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..