3 month ban

So I get a email this morning...

It reads

Hi Paul,

You have been caught swearing, AGAIN, in the JOLT-server.

Last year you did that also and it cost you 6 weeks ban (all mods).

Well, this time its gonna cost you 3 months (all mods).

Your ban will end on 17th of august.

We are NOT gonna continue with this.

Shape or face a life-ban......................ur choice.

Regards,

UK-Dirt Admin

so i would like to appeal about this.

why did i take it to a public place on the fourm? cause ukdirt admin clearly don't have the bottle to post in the correct thread in regards to bans.

Don't give me the oh I haven't done it yet. I got this email at 11:39am this morning. You have had over 10 hours to post on the forum in regards to this ban.

so am i the only oen to get done? More then likely

http://www.1300stockcars.co.uk/bangers/ukd...ks_16.06.05.zip

watch that, yes I did wrong i did go across the i/f but watch splodge..... I haven't touched him he has no reason to come across the I/F but what does he do? come and do me. You see me go at michealG across the i/f as me are mates and it was just a laugh

but splodge has no reason whats so ever to do me. So does he get banned aswell? more then likely not.....

Any way I think 3 months for saying 2 rude words is abit extreme to be honnest.

I would likve a offical reply from a admin either via this thread, pm or email.

Thanks

Paul

Agreed, the Ukdirt admin, from what you are saying, seem to be a bit harsh and issue bans that are waaay too long. Same with the BWS admins, from whom I got a 4 week ban for swearing.

Not fair.

doesn't mean anything AGAIN

it was in a private pm to the admin who at the time was ranny, it wasn't there for everyone to see.....

i asked to see the logs as prove of it. But i didn't even get a response from the admin team.

It actualy means somthing, you were caught AGAIN, aparently last time you did it you got a ban. So i guess the admin does what he see fit (you know what i mean).

This ban is purely for your swearing AGAIN. Banger Admin would look at any replays and judge what you did on track and apply a further mod related ban if necessary.

This is taken from the General Rules,

We will not tolerate swearing or abuse of others for any reason.

Disciplinary matters are as follows:

Swearing in general - One week ban all mods.

Swearing aimed directly at another driver - Two weeks ban all mods.

This is your 3rd ban for swearing, 1 of which was increased because you did it again before the ban was served, so 4 incidents, and all are for swearing and abusing other drivers or admin members. It was agreed by all admin that you should get 3 months and its in line with the 6 weeks you served (and didn't appeal against) for the last bout of swearing.

Get a grip of your self and try thinking before you type.

Edited by bathyboy81

Guest Trash

You have no one to blame but yourself.

Anyone who knows me knows that I swear like a trooper but I never swear on a computer because it is so easy not to swear.

You actually have to type in the swearing, it is easily avoidable and this is a league that caters for racers of all ages and backgrounds.

Think before you type if it's not too hard for you.

This ban is purely for your swearing AGAIN. Banger Admin would look at any replays and judge what you did on track and apply a further mod related ban if necessary.

This is taken from the General Rules,

We will not tolerate swearing or abuse of others for any reason.

Disciplinary matters are as follows:

Swearing in general - One week ban all mods.

Swearing aimed directly at another driver - Two weeks ban all mods.

This is your 3rd ban for swearing that I can see from a quick trawl through the admin disciplinary files, and all are for swearing and abusing other drivers or admin members. It was agreed by all admin that you should get 3 months and its in line with the 6 weeks you served (and didn't appeal against) for the last bout of swearing.

Get a grip of your self and try thinking before you type.

What ever comes to mind. I've not been banned 3 times for swearing. I pmed kevin back in regards to being banned last time. Oh what a surprise nothing was done.

just to confirm from the bangers meeting on tuesday night......

Firestorm98 was excluded (loaded) from the meeting for foul and abusive language in mirc between races...

That is taken from the admin forum

Firestorm

Use of offensive language on two occassions. First in chat and directed at the RM of the meeting and second during meeting afters in the server chat and directed towards another member. 6 weeks ALL MODS ban effective immediately. He can start racing again on 9th November 2005.

These offences occured on 30/8/05 and 13/9/05 and the reason for only posting now is that he was serving individual mod bans from Bangers & Hot Rods.

That is from the Disciplinary Thread.

1 load up and a ban, this will be the 3rd action against you for swearing.

It's simple,

Break the rules and face the consequences, if you don't like the consequences, don't break the rules, and if you don't like the rules or the consequences then (put in a polite manner, as Trash says, easy from behind a computer) get your coat.

Cheers MoR

allright then i broke the "rules" yer not proud and 3 months is a joke for swearing. But you know no one 's prefect. Just gives me 4 months to start building a few more cars for some real life fun

Who do i need to pm / email about making a complaint about another memeber of ukdirt then?

as he email was signed ukdirt admin... could be any one....

I think 3 months is a bit over the top for swearing seeing how he is paying to race this season and now for nearly half of it he will be banned.

However, swearing is easy to avoid and it should not be done and i don't agree with it, i recon that 3 months is far to long for someone who has paid to race and will now only get half of what he paid for, be it own fault or not. I think 3 weeks or something is a bit more fitting to be honest. If it second or third time offence then maybe add a week each time, but three months is a bit exaggerated.

can't see how this thread is going to help your cause firestorm, any beef with this should be done via pm not aired in public. And AGAIN means everything imho. If I had been banned previoiusly for the same thing then I'd make sure I didn't carry on doing it. Case of common sense really and from what i've read it appears that you haven't got any :banghead2:

Taxi for Firestorm!!!!!

and as for paying to race, he is paying to use the server as has been stated many times before AND agreeing to abide by the ukdirt rules, which he hasnt in the eyes of the admin, a point which Fire has skilfully overlooked.

in a way its a shame theres no Trophy for Swearing :king:

Yeah, its a pity. It would be the one trophy I would stand a chance of winning.

you broke the rules. so take the punishment... whats the problem? you dont see murders moaning about life sentance "just" for killing someone

Do you not watch the news :blink::blink:

They do moan about it :rofl:

you broke the rules. so take the punishment... whats the problem? you dont see murders moaning about life sentance "just" for killing someone

Do you not watch the news :blink::blink:

They do moan about it :rofl:

Moaning about a life sentence for killing someone? A life sentence doesn't mean life. It means 10-25 years or so, but getting out after 7 years for "good behaviour" and then restarting the whole process. They should just hang the murderers and be done with it.

so i would like to appeal about this.

why did i take it to a public place on the fourm? cause ukdirt admin clearly don't have the bottle to post in the correct thread in regards to bans.

Don't give me the oh I haven't done it yet. I got this email at 11:39am this morning. You have had over 10 hours to post on the forum in regards to this ban.

Any way I think 3 months for saying 2 rude words is abit extreme to be honnest.

I would likve a offical reply from a admin either via this thread, pm or email.

Thanks

Paul

First off you're more than welcome to appeal against this ban.

Secondly it was MC who issued you with the ban (on behalf of the UKDirt admin team) and he has since gone on holiday which will be why your ban has not yet been posted on the disciplinary topic. It sounds to me like you would be proud to see it on there. Furthermore it's not about having the bottle to do so, its more about informing you first and then waiting a while to see if you appeal (normally 24 hours). The appeal process is dealt with by the admin team and you would be informed of their decision. Doing this in public is not normally the way these matters are conducted.

Agreed, the Ukdirt admin, from what you are saying, seem to be a bit harsh and issue bans that are waaay too long.

Not fair.

And you're in possession of the full facts of the case are you?

doesn't mean anything AGAIN

it was in a private pm to the admin who at the time was ranny, it wasn't there for everyone to see.....

i asked to see the logs as prove of it. But i didn't even get a response from the admin team.

Whether it was in a private PM or not is irrelevant when the person concerned makes a complaint. He complained, we dealt with it, end of story.

I sent you an email at the time with the relevant screen shot.

I've not been banned 3 times for swearing. I pmed kevin back in regards to being banned last time. Oh what a surprise nothing was done.

I don't appreciate being accused of not doing something when I clearly did. See my response above. I'll await an apology.

Who do i need to pm / email about making a complaint about another memeber of ukdirt then?

as he email was signed ukdirt admin... could be any one....

At the bottom of the list of forums is a section listing the members who have been online in the last 15 minutes. Clicking on the blue 'UKDirt Administrator' link brings up a list of all UKDirt admins, alternatively to be helpful click here. Click on the PM link next to one of them and they will deal with your appeal by posting it on the admin forums. Don't PM MC as he is on holiday at the moment.

That has got to be the most pathetic saying of the year so sad :3:

I take it that means you have no sence of humour? :rofl:

Well if thats funny how good is yours? :blink:

Well if thats funny how good is yours? :blink:

I dunno, but at least i can see the funny side of things, especially silly topics like this :042::thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..