Virus/spyware removal

Yorick_H30

:042: Hello Yall

got this virus spyware thingy wich crawled intoo my pc and i can get it removed.. see the attached picture

what ive tried

1 .housecall virus scan found nothing

2. adware/spybots scans

3. checked reg it isnt there (or im blind)

4. it aint in the task manager i closed all app and it was still there :blink:

5. also checked hijackthis came up 0

any help welcome cause i hate doing a compleet format

Yoz

post-28-1148725599_thumb.jpg

Edited by Yorick_H30

• 2 weeks later...

I got it as well when I stupidly opened an email from a UKDirt member when I wasn't concentrating. Obviousley they didn''t send it but it had their name as semder.

I used the attached, which worked perfectly:

Extract the content (a folder named SmitfraudFix) to your Desktop.

Open the SmitfraudFix folder and double-click smitfraudfix.cmd

Select option #2 - Clean by typing 2 and press "Enter" to delete infected files.

You will be prompted : "Registry cleaning - Do you want to clean the registry ?"; answer "Yes" by typing Y and press "Enter" in order to remove the Desktop background and clean registry keys associated with the infection.

The tool will now check if wininet.dll is infected. You may be prompted to replace the infected file (if found); answer "Yes" by typing Y and press "Enter".

SmitfraudFix.zip

You could always use the programme ENDITALL and just find it on there and just terminally cose the programme, until you can get rid of it, that was it can not do any/ anymore damage whilst you are trying to get rid of it, well as far i know that will work... :)

End It All did not close the pop-up/virus/programme

The tool will now check if wininet.dll is infected. You may be prompted to replace the infected file (if found); answer "Yes" by typing Y and press "Enter"

That didnt appear.??

Must be a way on gettin rid of it without having to wipe whole pc.

It says its a trojan and its located in the system 32 folder so i went there and tried to delete the name it said that was infected but wouldnt let me.

Said access denied.

Edit: Just checked after restarting and that isnt showing in that folder anymore but message still appearin

Martin :shrug:

Edited by martwisely

I have been sittin at my pc since 11am this mornin trying to get rid of thisvirus and i finally have. With a little help from my mate on msn.

After using a few scanners. i finally got one that worked and has now removed it.

So Hopefully it dont come back.

Cheers whoever helped out.

Martin :thumbup:

Wont let me edit previous post

I finally got rid of it by using this online scanner

http://www.trendmicro.com/hc_intro/default.asp

and Adaware program. If you get this virus also try these programs.

The Adaware program is available to download from Bws site

And yes it is a pesky thing to get rid of.

Martin :thumbup:

Edited by martwisely

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..