Ringwood Raceway

Splodge

Looks like ringwood raceyway furture has become very uncertain this evening after APPARENTLEY being annouced at Arlington tonight that Spedeowrth have pulled out of track for rest of year with imeddiate efftect :shrug: .

I hope it ain't true but guess only time will tell.

This should be taken with pinch of salt as not heard from deffiente source yet.

Yup its true, the following e-mail which was sent to Damian of 2litrehotrod.com was posted on the Oval Racing Forum

Unfortunately it is true. We pulled out at 5pm last night while we were at

Arlington.

I cannot go into detail at the moment but basically we had signed a contract

with them and the owner started to put unrealistic constraints on Deane so

he had to pull out.

Please let as many people as you can know there will be no more meetings at

Ringwood this year.

Last night at arlington alot of talk of it went round so i asked deane and he just said yep as from yesterday he has pulled out and left it that so no i dea why probs to much

If anyone can get access to the track it might be worth getting a whole heap of pictures for modelling purposes, if we do lose it at least we could relive memories racing on a model of it. :coffee:

I dont know the guy, or dont have any contact details for him, but Jerry Fisher who writes for Short Circuit is from down there, and does all the photos/reports from Ringwood, maby its worth trying to get in contact with him?

If anyone can get access to the track it might be worth getting a whole heap of pictures for modelling purposes, if we do lose it at least we could relive memories racing on a model of it. :coffee:

'Old skool' Ringwood would look the best (and be easier to model) :thumbs_up:

The track wont be closing, it has new promoters, so I hope all is well for the future, It will probably be for the best that Spedeworth aren't involved.

Looks like another housing estate. cheers

sparky

Autospud lease the place for the odd meeting, so maybe not all is lost?

Its about time that they got their act together and got hold of and kept themselves a decent track......St Austell, Newton Abbot, St Columb, all excellent tracks and all of them slipped through their fiingers.

I like the way some off you have just decided that its spedeworths fault for losing the track, Have you ever thought there might be more to it than that.

I raced down there a few times in my rod and i thought the racing was good and that spedeworth had made the place alot better, i think its a shame to lose a track but dont think its spedeworths fault this time!!

Maybe rather than slagging people off you should try running it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea Pants

Think Spedeworth got pissed off when the track owners started making unrealistic demands after they had signed a leased. Instead of sorting out their differences Spedeworth just worked away from it completly.

Shame it closed for now as it relatively local to me :( and only just worked out how to get into ringwood for free under spedeworth, at last meeting.

Yea Pants

Think Spedeworth got pissed off when the track owners started making unrealistic demands after they had signed a leased. Instead of sorting out their differences Spedeworth just worked away from it completly.

Shame it closed for now as it relatively local to me :( and only just worked out how to get into ringwood for free under spedeworth, at last meeting.

LOL about getting in for free got to try these things, worst thing is the loss of the weekend when are world was meant to be its about 4 hours for me but still liked going there.

Whatever the track who EVER runs it its a shame to lose 1 more track

Well as seems as this is my home track i spose i ought to have my say,

Ringwood has been absolutely ace since spedeworth took over (i only watch bangers so not sure bout rods) and i can not fault them for one thing. just look at the uk open, one of the best meetins ive yet to see at ringwood, and dont forget that spedeworth brought back them good old yank tanks :thumbs_up: just makes a good meetin amazing. as for the domestic scene there this too has improved immensely and i cannot fault them on this case either. being a regular driver/fan at ringwood i do know why spedeworth pulled out an it is through absolutely no fault of their own and is just simply the land owner being a tit.

as for new promoters im not to sure if there even is one tbh. the only place ive heard bout this is on ovalcrap an we know that half the stuff on ther is rubbish. but well just have to wait n see, HOPEFULLY the situation gets sorted an ringwood gets back to racin again.

as for spedeworth ruinin another track i completely disagree. atm i think spedeworth is one of the best promoters out (if you ignore the likes of rdc an stanlake) and i dont think they have EVER messed up ANY track. but by sayin spedeworth im talkin about spedeworth south since deane wood took over. OK spedeworth national may have screwed up swaffham by putting that armco up :thumbs_down: but thats a different spedeworth and as far as i know thats the only mistake theyve ever made.

As for ringwood in the game that is one of the projects i would love to get done, and as i have various videos an pics of my dad racin at old school ringwood that would agen be another id love to do and i have alrede began ringwood normal (not got far though) lol.

ps sorry for the essay

cheers Boogie :thumbup:

only just worked out how to get into ringwood for free under spedeworth, at last meeting.

I blame Splodge for the closure, if he paid to get in maybe Spedeworth wouldn't be so quick to throw all that profit away :rofl::thumbup:

Good luck with modelling the track Boogie :thumbs_up:

Autospud lease the place for the odd meeting, so maybe not all is lost?

Its about time that they got their act together and got hold of and kept themselves a decent track......St Austell, Newton Abbot, St Columb, all excellent tracks and all of them slipped through their fiingers.

Guess you haven't heard that they have bought the Taunton track to secure it's future then?!?!?

I blame Splodge for the closure, if he paid to get in maybe Spedeworth wouldn't be so quick to throw all that profit away :rofl::thumbup:

Yeah I blame Splodge too for taking photos of cheap immitation Saloon stox :rofl:

Seriously though, if ever there was a promoter that puts the drivers first, then it's Deane. Spedeworth was a crap promotion when I raced for them 12 years ago but from what I've seen Deane's doing a good job with Spedeworth south. I'm sure him pulling out of Ringwood was unavoidable.

Smeatharpe is the top f2 and ssc track imo and if it gets closed i would never stop crying

Smeatharpe is way too small, it needs to be atleast half as big again. And it needs to loose all the ghay purple paint! :rolleyes: What next pink in the mens toilets......... :scared15:

And as an addition to my last post, why no-one in Devon has approached the owners of Westpointe/Devon County Show ground, and asked-enquired as to putting an oval circuit/Speedway track/Greyhound track there is beyond me......theyve got loads of ground there thats unused, apart from the grazing of the odd wooly back here and there, and surely the extra income from thousands of paying spectators would be far more than that of Farmer Giles and his furry, welsh spunk dumps on legs???? :shrug:

[smeatharpe is way too small, it needs to be atleast half as big again. And it needs to loose all the ghay purple paint! :rolleyes: What next pink in the mens toilets......... :scared15:

Because its so small is what makes it so good, there is more contact in 1 race at smeatharpe than a whole season at other tracks and contact is what makes stock car racing what it is :5:

I dont think the purple paint actually affects racing in any way so i dont see why it bothers you so much.

If you think purple/pink is so gay why do you have a yellow and pink pic in your signature? you trying to tell us something?

Edited by Dan 57

If you think purple/pink is so gay why do you have a yellow and pink pic in your signature? you trying to tell us something?

Shhhhh, not so loud, otherwise Crispen may get the wrong idea about me..... :blink: I would never feel safe using the toilets there again! :scared15:

You do have to admit though that there is something not right about wanting all your staff members to wear purple, verging on a shade of pink, overalls!

And as for a purple/pink and yellow pace car, well what more can I say? :rolleyes:

Maybe " Chase me boys, woo Hoo Im over here!" :rofl:

Joking aside though, I do feel that ' the magic roundabout' is just a bit too small. Somthing the size of St Columb is more like it :thumbup:

St Columb

Why do people insite on calling it St Columb?? its Westworld Raceway.If the owner wanted it to be called St Columb dont you think he would of :banghead2::banghead2:

Because it located in something call St Columb Park :unsure: , hear wimbledon get called plough lane :shrug: and warton a s.... hole :rofl:, joking.

St Columb

Why do people insite on calling it St Columb?? its Westworld Raceway.If the owner wanted it to be called St Columb dont you think he would of :banghead2::banghead2:

Because it located in something call St Columb Park :unsure: , hear wimbledon get called plough lane :shrug: and warton a s.... hole :rofl:, joking.

you sure about that.....cause its on retallick park

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..