Do They Know Its Christmas

Mav

1984 or 2004 - Which in your opinion is the better single ?  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Heard the 1984 Single on our local Radio station, and it grabbed my attention straight away, whereas the 2004 version is so slow at the beginning I hardly notice it.

Think you know which I prefer !

1984 version is so lively and bouncy, you can't help but sing along and feel happy, climaxing with "Feed the World" at the top of your voice at the end. Brilliant at Christmas Parties biggrin.gif

2004 version is so dull and slow, no christmassy feeling to it at all. Not a Christmas Party song to join the dancefloor with IMO.

What do you think ????

I know its for charidee and everything but you may as well ask

Which is better?

1) rubbish christmas song by talentless gits

or 2) the same rubbish christmas song by different talentless gits

vote now

The only reason to not get a gun and shoot everyone involved with both is that Bob Geldof (and possibly Bono) actually understands and cares passionately about the long term problems of Africa as a continent, and he won't let people or governments forget about it.

The rest of them were and are on the good will bandwagon.

Edited by bathyboy81

Here is an A Level Music Students view biggrin.gif (what? lol)

The new one just sounds like they've tried to cram as many instruments, as many 'singers' and as many different twists into one sound as possible. Just not musicly correct huh.gif

Cheers MoR

Lmao @ Bathyboy...

Surely the point is being missed though, it is for charity after all. Im sure Bob Geldof isnt particulaly arsed if its musically challenging or if Mav can have a dance and a sing-along while scoffing a mince pie. biggrin.gif

Singing "well thank god its them instead of us" at a party shows some irony anyway biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifwink.gif

Cheers

Grasser#233 (tongue firmly in cheek)

THe 1984 version is one of the best xmas songs ever!  ohmy.gif  biggrin.gif

439[/snapback]

Tis Officially the 2nd most popular christmas song of all time according to a survey conducted on the independent radio networks.

Most popular was "Fairytale of New York" by the Pogues and Kirsty McCall with Whams "Last Christmas" voted 3rd favourite shrug.gif

So there you go pop pickers!!!

Personally I think the Band Aid 20 version is complete pants and aint a patch on the original but as Grasser rightly mentions its for charity, and I think was destined for #1 irrespective of how it sounded!!

Respect in da area!!!! huh.gif

intheclub.gif

LOL!!! wink.gif

Most popular was "Fairytale of New York" by the Pogues and Kirsty McCall

whats that....never heard of that one...

Whams was a good song, and the orignial band aid one was good.

Thats my best two, or maybe a danced up version of jingle bell rock

Ah yes Kendo, a real music buff!

Band Aid II sung it in 1989 and it sounded just like the '84 version. I think it was basically Stock Aitken and Watermans performers along with Cliff Richard! All big names, even Sonia lol.

My opinion is that all the songs were for a good cause and they were all also a load of old monkey jizz!

Didn't know the name of the Fairytale of New York, Dad showed it me and I've heard it load of times.

How the hell its the most popular ill never know.... tongue.gif

Cheers MoR

voted for the 84 version.

most of the musican's were established then.

the 04 version has got lot's of "newie's" to the music scene..

robbie, dido and busted are pretty cool on it.

don't like the feed the world at the very end how it carries on too long.

agree they are trying to cram millions of different styles and artists into 3 1/2 minutes....

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..