NOT appearing at a track near you!!!

Magpye105

Well I've just had it confirmed that I cannot race my 1300 stock car at non Spedeworth tracks which is a complete farce when the car is as far as I can see suitable for all promotions (maybe I've missed something in the rulebooks) coffee.gif

I quote "There is no interchanging between Spedeworth and other promoter within the 1300 Stock Cars." 011.gif

Surely when the cars are suitable to be raced at other promotions and I am willing to travel to their tracks and there is not a clashing meeting with a Spedeworth meeting....where is the problem? shrug.gif

However I have been warned and again I quote "If you are found to be racing at non Spedeworth tracks in this formula, then a possible ORC ban may be imposed." 3.gif

Oh well looks like I might have to race less often than I wanted to and look at selling the car to move into a formula where I can race more often.

But its ok to test at these tracks and again I quote "Spedeworth have no objection with you practising at any other track, but would object to you racing at other tracks before you race at a Spedeworth track as you are contracted to Spedeworth."

FARCE if you ask me! Is that why I've paid an ORC promoter £65 to not be allowed to race at other ORC tracks? Don't I wish I'd chosen PRI now!

Anyone got any opinions on this?

Well I've just had it confirmed that I cannot race my 1300 stock car at non Spedeworth tracks which is a complete farce when the car is as far as I can see suitable for all promotions (maybe I've missed something in the rulebooks)  coffee.gif 

I quote "There is no interchanging between Spedeworth and other promoter within the 1300 Stock Cars."  011.gif

Surely when the cars are suitable to be raced at other promotions and I am willing to travel to their tracks and there is not a clashing meeting with a Spedeworth meeting....where is the problem?  shrug.gif

However I have been warned and again I quote "If you are found to be racing at non Spedeworth tracks in this formula, then a possible ORC ban may be imposed."  3.gif

Oh well looks like I might have to race less often than I wanted to and look at selling the car to move into a formula where I can race more often.

But its ok to test at these tracks and again I quote "Spedeworth have no objection with you practising at any other track, but would object to you racing at other tracks before you race at a Spedeworth track as you are contracted to Spedeworth."

FARCE if you ask me!  Is that why I've paid an ORC promoter £65 to not be allowed to race at other ORC tracks? Don't I wish I'd chosen PRI now!

Anyone got any opinions on this?

7740[/snapback]

What a load of (bad word) . if you pay for an ORCi licence then you are intitled to race at ORCi tracks, Last year sum spedeworth Stocks came to arena for some meetings so why the change?

not to sure but with a PRI stock car license you can race anywhere that races the formula and they permit you to race.

Edited by knobby_536

042.gif Hi m8

Are you sure you have got an ORC licence as opposed to just a Spedeworth one?

I only say this because i'm fairly sure that the 1300 stock cars are not an ORC formula.

I would say that drivers that raced at different tracks where asked/invited by their own promotion to represent them after the promotion was sent an invite.

Hope i'm totally wrong and you can race where you like, as it should be thumbs_up.gif

Mag if you wanted to race at Arena Essex as well as Spedeworth Tracks you could dual license so you would be able to race at both promotions and spedeworth wont be able to warn you or all that nonsesne?

Just an idea

cheers

scott

Sorry to say Mags that this is just typical Spedeworth. They seem to think that they own you and your car. Always been like that. That's why I live on their doorstep, yet race elsewhere (nearest regular track being 2.5 hours away). I think you'll find they had a falling out last year with the other 1300 promoter that raced compatible cars, ie Ringwood, and now don't allow any cross promotional racing, which is why there was at least two world finals last year. I bet they won't even allow you race the same car if you bought another licence with lets say Arena!? I did think though that things like this might change now that Deane Wood has a big say in what goes on at the big S! After all, I remember him sneaking down to Ringwood many a time for a play with the locals when he was a racer in the saloons.

Gonzo.

Edited by Gonzo441

I did think though that things like this might change now that Deane Wood has a big say in what goes on at the big S!  After all, I remember him sneaking down to Ringwood many a time for a play with the locals when he was a racer in the saloons.

Gonzo.

7801[/snapback]

Oh well So did I to be honest Gonzo! The email I received back from S! this morning regarding this issue is that Ringwood, Arena and Lynn are all ruled out....and I quote for the following reason

"It's not that we do not want our drivers racing at these tracks or for other promoters, it is just their rules, etc. are completely different to ours and it would be unfair on any Spedeworth driver to race at these meeting..

I understand what you are saying in your e-mail, but unfortunately as stated in my previous e-mail the 1300 Stock Cars are not interchangeable.

This ruling does not just apply to you, it also applies to all Spedeworth Drivers unless the race meeting at other Tracks is a Championship and all cars are compatible."

Does this mean I can race in the Ringwood World Final / Arena Supreme Championship? I doubt it!!!

Anyone want to buy a 1300 VW Polo Stock Car? Is now running and in undercoat burnt orange colours at present. Loads of engine spares, 9 wheels and tyres including 4 nearly new Kingpin tyres. Brand new 5 point harness, window net and neck brace. Over £800 spent will sell for £650 plus will sell trailer as rebuilt by JB273 and Budge last year for the price I paid for it. Anyone serious in this please email me magpye105@hotmail.com

Time to go and buy a Stock Rod I've seen advertised instead, so I'm not being ruled by a promoter, who earns money from people like me racing. They don't have to put the meetings on and I don't have to race at them, but I want to when I want to and where I want to. banghead2.gif

Might see you at a Spedeworth (ONLY) meeting soon! If I can be bothered!

"It's not that we do not want our drivers racing at these tracks or for other promoters, it is just their rules, etc. are completely different to ours and it would be unfair on any Spedeworth driver to race at these meeting..

7832[/snapback]

if so why do the spedeworth ministox drivers travel to mildenhall etc when they hve different specs. should splash out on a PRI license and race at most tracks

Sorry to hear about this

cheers

scott

PRI allow standard 1600 x-flow lumps or tuned 1300 xflows.

8526[/snapback]

ohmy.gif Theres a thought!!! I checked the car over for ironwork and other factors but didn't think about the engine and the mods that my engine may have had! It might not be legal at Spedeworth after all now as it was built some years ago and raced at PRI last a couple of seasons ago.

scared15.gif Hope no-one notices the difference 5.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..